I'll be there for you

Chapter 14. I'll be there for you

Hey guys... sorry for taking this long but I needed to focus on my studies and well, I guess I needed a short break...

So in this chapter I'm gonna try something new... this chapter will be in 1st PERSON and that to in your favorite character's pov...

Here you go...

DRAKE'S POV

We had decided to meet at Kate's place to spend the new year's eve. That's what we did every year. But this year it was different. Usually it was just us four, Kate, Sam, Eth and me. Well, this time I'd asked the guys to bring their dates if possible. The reason being, I had a date and I'd actually invited him without asking these people I call friends. Hehe... don't judge me, I'm a very nice person...

Yeah so, I had this date, his name Ryan. I met him on my way home... and well we just kinda clicked, well he happens to read and fanboy just like me, and I felt like inviting him. Ethan had returned a day earlier cuz he had this gig to go and my mom and dad were gonna be on a cruise for the new year.

I knocked on the door as I reached my destination. If you wanna know, Kate's house was much like the one in which that family, what was it... I guess Hodgson, from Conjuring 2 lived... just that it was not CREEPY at all. It felt like home always. And well, if you were wondering, the bell was not working the last time I checked so I didn't take the efforts to push that button.

After a few more knocks Kate opened the door and engulfed me in a hug. She was so small, just 2 inches smaller but that's still small. As we went inside, she directed herself towards the kitchen. What the hell? She doesn't even cook, why would she go in the kitchen? I went after her to see if she was making Jo- uh... dessert or something. Hehe... don't tell her what I was about to say.

Well, she was sitting on the marble top writing in her dairy. She usually wrote poems and if you were sane, you won't disturb her... and I am, so I just went out. I was about to call Josh, when suddenly the bell rang. What was the last time I checked that bell? Maybe a year or two?

That was Josh and he had a bag in his hand... were we supposed to bring something? I don't remember discussing that...

"Hey... you made it," Kate said as she came out and hugged him. They are so cute together.

"What's that," she asked him pointing the bag he held.

"Oh... I thought I'd bake something... so I brought some ingredients," he said and I literally screamed inside my head. They're a perfect match. She can't cook, he can. She can create, he can capture... I love this shipp...

"Drake, are you in there," Kate said snapping in front of my face.

"Yeah. Oh yeah... you can bake?" I looked at him.

"Yeah, a bit... I don't know who taught me, it's just something I can do from a very young age," he said.

"Okay then, go ahead you two and make each ot- um... each one of the guests a cupcake? Or two probably??"
Whew, saved...

"Actually, I was thinking of baking a pie," Josh said.

"Ohh that's great... go ahead, go ahead," I said and released a breath I didn't know I was holding. The look Kate gave me so terrifying, what were you supposed to do? Laugh? Well then, that would be the last thing you do before she kills you. My thoughts were yet again interrupted by the sound of the bell.

This time it was Ethan with a little girl... well not that small but she was petite. She was cute but definitely not for him. They both came inside and I hugged my brother and shook hands with his date. She didn't introduce herself and well, Ethan didn't care, as always. We were talking about his gig when Josh and Kate came out together. I think they finished making... ah well, I can't get enough of that one you see?