2 A.M. Confession

Chapter 36: 2A.m. Confession

(Unedited)

He opened the door a few moments later and there were tears running down his face.

"Oh baby. Come here," I said as I hugged him and he lost it. We sat down on his bed still hugging. He cried as I held him.

"It hurts."

"I know."

"Why did I fall for him?"

"Well, because he is cute?"

"He is."

"You know, you deserve someone better."

"He is your friend Josh... I don't wanna be the reason for you guys to fight."

"He should have thought about that before lying to you."

"He didn't lie... he just didn't tell me."

"Oh, don't you defend him, mister."

"I'm not."

"Sure. He didn't say anything to you, did he?"

"No no... he just apologized for not telling me and for leading me on."

"I've never seen you cry Ash."

"I did... when you decided to talk to me again."

"Babe, you know what I mean."

"I know. Can we not talk about him?"

"Yeah okay. What do you wanna do then?"

"Cuddle?"

"Uh... fine."

"I love you!!"

"I love you too!" I said laughing, pulling him to lie down and wrapping my arms around him.

"Wait..." he said pulling away from me and I raised my eyebrow, "weren't you gonna ask Kate out today?"

"Noo..."

"Don't lie to me, bitch."

"I... yeah, but you need me right now."

"Go," he said sitting up and pointing at the door.

"I'm sorry, I should put it this way... I need to be with you right now."

"Just because some guy dumped me when we weren't even dating, you don't need to cancel your plans."

"Who said I was canceling my plan?"

"Then go."

"Didn't you hear what I just said? I need to be with you right now."

"No, you don't. Go and get your girl!!"

"I want to be here for you Ashy."

"And I know that... so, you don't have to feel that you were not here... I know you'll always be here for me."

"Ashy..."

"If you don't leave now and meet Kate... I'm gonna kick you outta here myself."

"I'm not gonna go anywhere... not because I wanna stay here with you but because I'm having second thoughts."

"What the hell Josh!!!!"

"Whoaa... noo... noo. I am gonna ask her out... I just need the perfect moment."

"Babe, there's no such thing as perfect moment, you've got to make the moment perfect yourself."

"And I think I can't today. So, I'll do it when I feel it's the right time."