Adoption

Chapter 38: Adoption

We rushed to the clinic to see Kate waiting outside, her head in her hands.

3rd person pov:

Josh swiftly went towards her and pulled her in a hug. She wrapped her arms around him and started sobbing.

"Hey... why are you crying? He's gonna be alright," he said trying to calm her down.

"It's my fault... I should have kept an eye on him."

"Well. Then it's my fault too... I should have paid attention to him instead of telling you how I feel."

"No... you didn't do anything wrong. I'm so glad you told me."

"No... we both are at fault here... we should have at least eaten the pizza. I think he'll forgive us though. I mean, I don't know about you but I'm his favorite."

"Thank you."

"Huh?"

"For being here for me."

"I'm here for Sammy..."

"Us too," Ethan said from where he was sat beside Josh.

"Thank you!"

"You don't need to thank us bae, we'll always be here for you," Ethan said smiling at his best friend.

"Are you alright Eth?" she asked.

"Yeah, why?"

"Bae?"

"Well, you know, your boyfriend calls his best friend babe. So, I thought I should call my best friend bae... you don't have a problem, do you?"

"I don't have any problem, he might though."

"Eh, who cares what he thinks?"

"I do... and you do too. 'Josh please don't ignore mee... I hate it'," Ash said getting a glare from Ethan.

"You don't have a say in this mister."

"Oh really? Well then, what about... 'Ashy, can we please... pretty please with a cherry on top tell Josh that we're fine with being just friends?? He hates me and I don't like that'?"

"Stop, you guys... we're in a hospital."

"Clinic."

"Whatever... just stop."

"Sorry," both Asher and Ethan said together.

"What did the doctor say?" Josh asked.

"She said he's sick cuz the pizza with the cheese and the toppings can be toxic for his health... so they're making him get it out of his system and then they'll let him rest for a while before we can feed him again with mild food."

"Okay, good. Did you eat anything?"

"Nope."

"Kate..."

"I had to bring him here so I couldn't eat. I'll eat when I go home."

"We."

"Huh?"

"I'm gonna stay with my precious baby."

"Aw, you guys are so cute!" Ethan awed.

"I was talking about Sammy, but you're precious too," Josh said kissing Kate's hand in his.

"That doesn't change the fact that you guys are cute."

"Well, we know that."

"You know, you both can go... we'll stay here."