Accident?!??!!

Chapter 35: Accident?!??!!
(Unedited)

 Josh’s pov:

We were on our way back home. Dad had left a day before us… we were supposed to help mom pack the stuff and clean the house. Mom had decided to move right away so we had to pack up everything and load up the truck which would drop off the stuff at home. Mom was gonna drive us back home with her car. I was loading the car with our luggage when my phone started ringing.

“You talk, I’ll do that,” Ash said pushing me aside.

“Hey!!”

“You seem happy.”

“And that is bad how?”

“It’s not bad… I’m just surprised.”

“Well, I sorted it out with Kate and she is happy with me dating Doug.”

“That’s… good. Congrats.”

“You are not happy?”

“I am… you see, we are leaving in some time so I need to help Ash load the car and everything. We’ll talk when I get back, okay?”

“But I wanted to talk!!”

“I’m sorry hon… it’s just that I’ve been not giving him much time lately so I guess he’s a bit mad at me.”

“Ohh… go help him then. We’ll talk later.”

“Thanks. See ya!”

“Yess… travel safely. Bye.”                                                           

I hung up the phone and helped Ash with the loading.
“Are you mad at me?” I asked.

“Whoaa… why would you think that?”

“You are behaving weird.”

“Aww… don’t worry babe, I’m not mad at you.”

“That’s good.”

“Go help mom, I’ll keep this inside,” he said picking up the bags.

“Ashyyy!!”

“What’s the matter babe?”

“You don’t seem normall!”

“How?”

“You are acting all mature.”

“Excuse me?”

“You know… as a responsible son, caring brother… are you alright?”

“I am a mature guy!”

“You don’t act like that most of the times.”

“Now that’s rude… apologize like a good boy.”

“I don’t think so…”

“Joshh… being rude is not good…”

“I’m not gonna apologize… so you may continue. I’ll go and help mom,” I said as I started to walk away just to be pulled back by Ash.

“Apologize.”

“……”

“You better apologize mister or I won’t talk to you.”

“I don’t think you can go very long without talking to me.”

“Well, fine. Do not beg me to talk to you then.”

“Ow c’mon, you don’t look good when you are mad.”

“…….”

“I can’t believe you are actually not gonna talk with me.”

“…….”

“Now you are acting like the Ashy I know.”

“…….”

“Okay, you should really continue your work. If mom sees these outside, she’ll kill you.”

“….…”

“Oh, don’t be like that…”

He continued ignoring me and left me alone with the bags. I picked up the bags one by one and placed them in the back of the car. I just realized that I should get my licence. Though I could drive, I hadn’t thought about getting licence. I should get it asap… I plan on taking Katherine out on drives. I really am whipped, aren’t I? I don’t mind it though; I like the way I feel when I’m around her.

“You done?” mom asked as she came out, Ash locking the door with the key.

“Yeah.”

“Good… let’s get going then.”

“I call shot gun,” I and Ash yell at the same time. I run and reach the front before he does.

“Haha,” I say as I open the door and he just glares at me.

“What’s up with you two?”

“Ashy doesn’t want to talk to me.”

“He was being mean.”

“Okay… no one is gonna sit shot gun. Both of you are gonna sit at the back.”

“Mom… I was not being mean… I just wanted Ash to be Ashyy… is that so bad?”

“I don’t care what happened, no one’s sitting beside me and that’s final. Get in now or I’ll leave you guys here.”

“Not fairr…” I whined and mom started the car. Ash held my wrist and pulled me in the car behind him.

We started our long journey. Dad had said it takes almost nine hours to drive all the way to New York. That’s why Ash and mom were gonna take turns driving. I had texted dad and Kate that we’d left. We started at around 8 so we’d reach around 5 ish… that was a long time.

“What are we gonna do all the way back home?”

“You can do anything you want honey… I’m gonna drive,” mom said from the front.

“Ashyy…” I say tugging on the sleeve of his tshirt. He looked out the window, ignoring me completely.

“Mom… tell him to talk with mee…”

“No… you figure out how to make him talk on your own.”

“Ahh, fine,” I said as I lied down on the back seat with one of my legs folded and the other dangling on the side and my head in Ash’s lap. He tried to move my head but there was not much space so it was of no use. I got all comfortable and Ash just sighed in annoyance.

I didn’t know when I fell asleep but I woke up due to the car stopping.

“We’re here?”

“Not even half the way hon, I just needed to answer the call.”

“Mom, I’ll take over. You should rest for some time,” Ash said.

“I’m good, don’t worry.”

“Can I come in the front?”

“Have you made up with each other?”

“I fell asleep.”

“Well then, make up quickly so you can sit in the front.”

“Ashyyy… talk to me… pleaseeee!!”

“…….”

“Fine… I don’t care. I won’t talk to you either,” I said as I pulled out my phone and read Kate’s text.

Kate: Heyy… dats gr8. Travel safe… I’ll be waiting!