Detectives

Chapter 34: Detectives

(Long and unedited.)

Kate’s pov:

I was lying on the bed in the guest room at Rebecca’s. Bec’s mother and my father were friends… and I used to be with her all the time but then we had a fight and we grew apart. I honestly don’t remember why we’d fought but then we just didn’t talk after that. After my father died, her mother would come and spend time with my mom but Rebecca never came. The only place I could think of after I saw Drake today with Doug was her place.
There was a knock on my door and Bec came in. She put the cup of coffee on the side table and sat beside me.

“I missed you,” she said looking down at her hands in her lap.

“Why didn’t you come? With your mom, when she used to be there with my mom?”

“I thought you hated me and wanted me to stay away… I wanted to, I had even asked mum if I could stay over but then I thought what if you didn’t like it and told me to go away.”

“Well, I missed you too, and I wish you would have come… I really needed you back then. I’m sorry Bec,” I said as I hugged her.

“I’m sorry too K,” she said hugging me back, “so are we friends again?”

“Of course, we are… wanna do something crazy?”

“Always.”

“Got some black clothes?”

“Duh. We shine in black, c’mon,” she said dragging me to her enormous closet.

She was one of those rich people who had large house and many servants… though they don’t have servants other than Agatha, who is more of family. She has always been with the Cliffords. We dash to her closet and she hands me black outfit that would fit me and finds something for herself. I changed into my outfit and waited for Bec to be out.

(ignore those weapons XD)

I stared at her as she comes out in her outfit

“Really Bec?”

“What?”

“Are you sure you wanna wear that? You look like Snape.”

“Heyy… mine is different… and I always knew I’d wear it someday. Here, wear this,” she says handing me black glasses.

“It’s dark outside.”

“When we wear the outfit, we should wear it all the way.”