Our story

Chapter 23: Our Story

Josh had talked with Ethan the day after the nightmare incident. Ethan had stupidly convinced himself that he was the reason Kate had to face nightmare that night, but Josh had given him some piece of his mind and everything was back to normal again. Kate and Ethan had gone back to their flirting/ bickering and they all had decided to keep it from Drake cuz they thought he'd feel bad not being there for Kate. And Josh could only convince one Wright at a time, so he was totally against telling Drake.

It was after a few days that Josh had finally slept peacefully, but just as always, universe had decided to be against Josh having peace. He woke up to the sound of the doorbell. He  thought Doug would open the door but the bell kept on ringing as if the man on the door had a serial killer on his back.

He got up and streched and headed towards the bathroom not caring who was on the door. He brushed his teeth, had a hot shower for 20 minutes when someone knocked on his door.

"What's up Doug??"

"It's me Josh," said someone in a duh tone.

"Ughhh," he said as he wrapped a towel around his waist. He opened the door to see someone he'd never expected to see.

"Heyy... wear some clothes... don't tease me like that," he said.

"What are you doing here? And I know you are straight so shut up."

"What, can I not come and visit my friend?"

"You can. But it's been years since we haven't talked. How did you even know I lived here?"

"Uh... don't be mad, but I asked your dad."
(dat rhymes... yayy me!!)

"He doesn't know where I live."

"Well, I'm here, aren't I?"

"Why are you here, again?"

"Okayy... I am guessing that you have not read those letters yet..."

"How do you know about them?"

"I might have something to do about them?"

"No, I've not. I... um... I'm not ready yet I guess."

"Hmm... I can understand. Do you want me to... you know... be with you?"

"Nope. I'm fine."

"C'mon Josh, don't be like that. I miss us. You know I'll never leave you."

"Not again Ash. Just go."

"You can't push me away like you did back then. I'm not gonna go."

"Atleast get out of my room so I can change... we'll talk after that... or do you wanna stay?"

Josh pulled out some clothes from his closet as Asher went outside. He locked his door and changed into a black tshirt and grey sweats. He put his headphones around his neck and went out to the living room where he saw Doug and Asher having a chat.

"Hey roomie... you didn't tell me you were in boys," Doug said.

"I'm not... and he's not too. He just likes to act gay as if it's all a fun game."

"It is funny to watch people surprised."

"Well, it's not always fun with whatever you do Asher and it's definitely not funny to act gay when you know what the consequences are."

"Ohhkay jeez, I was just trying to lift your mood like old times."

"Well the Josh you knew is not here anymore. So it'll be better if you just leave."