The truth

(For those who love long chapters... this is for you guysss!!!;))

Before you guys start reading this part keep in mind that this chapter includes death and suicide attempt... so read on your own risk⚠️

Chapter 12. The Truth

Kate went home after she'd been with Josh. She was surprised that other than Drake there was someone else who could calm her when she had a panic attack. This time it was not as major as it always was but still Josh had been there for her.

She went in her room and freshened up. It was 6.30 in the evening and she was hungry. But she decided to open her present first not wanting to upset Josh anymore. She had left it in her nightstand drawer last night. She took it out. It was a small package wrapped in a green colored paper with a red ribbon on it. Perfect Christmas present she thought. She ripped of the paper and gasped. It was an elegent bracelet which had a star in the centre. It was so beautiful she thought. He had really thought about what he'd give her. Without waiting for another second she called Josh.

"Hey," he answered the call.

"Thanks you, thank you, thank you soooo much Josh. It's really beautiful. I love it. I'm literally gonna wear it everyday. You know, it's a sign of our friendship cuz we met beneath the stars. Oh my god, it's so pretty. Thank you so much," she screamed in the phone.

"Whoaa... calm down lady. We don't want to go back to the not able to breathe state. But I'm really glad you liked it," she could hear his smile.

"Liked it? I said I loved it," she said excitedly putting away the paper and looking at the bracelet.

"Yeah, got it. I'm glad you loved it. Actually I'd bought it a few days before along with Drake's gift. But then you invited me at his place for the eve and so I went out to bring gifts for others."

"Sorry, I should have asked you earlier than I did."

"You didn't ask me, to be honest."

"Yeah okay, I should have told you before."

"Oh, and I forgot to tell ya. I liked the gift you gave me too. Thanks, it's really great."

She had gifted him and Ethan a set of headphones and a book light to Drake. She had seen Josh listening to music while he worked and she wanted to give him something useful. While with Ethan, he always kinda ends up with broken things. So Kate had thought of buying him a spare set of headphones. And Drake being a fanboy, always finding himself with piles of books, she thought it'd be easier to get him a book light.

"I knew you'd like that. So we're even right?"

"Noo... you still owe me that cup of tea."

"Ya, other than that."

"Yeah, we're even."

"Okay. By the way, can we meet at the cliff tomorrow before our shift?"

"Yeah sure, wats up?"

"I want you to know something and you promised you won't stop me."

"Are you sure? You ready?"

"Yes I'm ready. See ya tomorrow. Bbye."

"Alright. Bye."

She had thought this through. She was ready to tell him, to let him in. She was sure that he'd be there for her. And she needed someone other than Drake to know the truth. She cooked some frozen chicken and veggies. After eating dinner she decided to call Drake.

"Heyyo lady, where were you? Are you still mad at me and Josh? I say we didn't behave well, but we were having boys talk and you being a girl were not allowed," he said.