I Can't Ever Hate You

(Kate's sweet, smol, balcony... where some part of the story wld take place^^^^^)

⚠️self harm... read at ur own risk!!

Taadaa!!! (Longest chapter till now)
Here you go...

Chapter 22: I can't ever hate you

Kate was confused with Josh's behavior. He was acting weird since a few days... almost a week now. She felt like he was avoiding her and she couldn't make him talk about it. She felt like she should give him some space but at the same time she felt like making him talk about it to her. She wanted to know what was wrong. It had never been like this between the two of them. They did have arguments but they never actually become distant like they were now.

"Hey... where are you?" Ethan asked as she picked up her phone.

"Right here."

"What were you thinking?"

"Nothing."

"Oh cut that shit. I've been calling you for last 5 minutes and you didn't pick up."

"Sorry.. i was just lost in thought. Ethan?"

"Yeah?"

"Can you come over?"

"Having nightmares again?"

"Yeah... but that's not the reason. I wanna talk."

"Okayy.. I'll be there in a few."

"Yes."

She hanged up the call and sat there waiting for Ethan to show up. He had the keys as she was too lazy to go down to open the door. She heard the lock open and then the door close. She heard footsteps and the knob turned to open her door and reveal Ethan.

"Heyy, wats up? You okay?" he asked as he came and sat beside her.

"Yeah, totally fine."

"Here, I brought coffee for you," he said as he handed her the take away cup.

"Thank you so much."

"No problem, I just thought this will be a long night."

"It indeed is going to be a long night."

"Go on, spill the tea."

"But I've coffee."

"Good point. Spill the coffee."

"Do you know wats up with Josh?"

"What do you mean?"

"He has been distant with me... and I don't know how to approach him."

"That's impossible. You guys can never be distant."

"But we are... and I don't like it."

"Well, do you remember since when... like did something happen between you guys, you know, anything?"

"I don't really know but the last time we actually talked normally was when you three stayed over."

"That's a long time ago Kate! Why didn't you tell soon?"

"I thought he'll get back to himself but he didn't. I don't know if I did something wrong or what happened."

"Hey waitt... that's when Dylan met you right?"

"Uhh... yeah I guess."

"I... might know what's up with Josh then. I'm not sure but I might have some idea."