Date with Doug

Chapter 11. Date with Doug

The next day...

Josh woke up to the irritating sound of his alarm. He always thought that if your alarm ring irritated you while you are awake, it irritates you to wake you up too. And that was definitely working. He turned it off and sat on his bed trying to open his eyes.

He checked his phone for Kate's message but there was none. So she was seriously upset, he thought. He had given her something he thought she would like. Now he was doubting whether it was a good gift or not. Well, that was the question for Kate to answer.

He got up from his bed and decided to get ready when his phone buzzed. He saw it was Drake texting him.

Drake: Hey, you up??

Josh: Yeah...

Drake: I guess Kate is still upset about yesterday. She's not picking up my calls.

Josh: Yeah, I think so too... I decided that I'd go to the library bit early so that I could talk to her, you coming??

Drake: Sorry man, I can't. We're already on our way to my uncle's place, my dad finally got a day's leave so we're gonna celebrate Christmas eve kinda thing today...

Josh: Ohh okay, well tell me wat shld i do

Drake: uk... just buy her a coffee and she'll be okay.

Josh: that was my plan. Well, enjoy your Christmas eve kinda thing... ttyl

Drake: all the verryyy best my boy;)

Josh: thanx dude;)

Josh got ready and was heading out of the house when he remembered that he lives here with another guy. The bully. He looked around but there was no sign of The bully. He sighed with relief that he didn't have to deal with his pleasent roommate.

He picked up a cup of hot coffee from the Café and headed towards the library.

On entering the library he saw Kate sitting on the table in the extreme corner with a dairy in front of her and her pen in her mouth. She was holding it between her teeth. Gross habit Josh thought. He went over to her and placed the coffee in front of her dairy.

"Hey there, what are you writing," he asked as he sat across from her.

"Ohh coffee. I so needed it. Thanks Jo- Drake's friend," she said pulling the cup in her hands and feeling it's warmth.

"Okay, so I'm Drake's friend now and not yours," he said raising his eyebrow.

"Well, you did something to piss me off yesterday if you remember," she said matter of factly.

"Well, you didn't tell me if you liked my gift or not so I too am kinda pissed off right now," he said.

She gave him a guilty smile.

"I guess we're equal then."

"Oh, are we?"

"Yeah, friends again," she asked extending her free hand while the other held the coffee.

"I don't mind," he said shrugging while shaking her hand.

"Well, did you like it though? I mean, I thought a lot while buying it, so it sorta made me anxious if you liked it or not."

"I actually, maybe, sort of forgot to open your gift. I'm sorry, but I was really tired last night and I didn't know when I fell asleep after Zay left. And then in the morning I made them breakfast to carry with them. So I forgot about it," she said too fast for Josh to interprete anything other than the 'fact' that she'd not opened his gift and that she was totally guilty about that.