Best Friends for a reason

Chapter 32: Best friends for a reason

Continued...

"I'll tell you after this call," I said as I picked up Kate's call.

(Kate | Josh)

"Hey."

"Where are you?"

"Home?"

"Don't lie to me Katherine."

"I am not lying... I am home... just not mine."

"Then whose?"

"A friend."

"What friend?"

"Rebecca. You don't know her."

"Obviously I don't know her... does Drake know her?"

"What has Drake got to do with this?"

"Answer the question."

"He called you, didn't he? Look Josh, you don't know the shit that has happened in the past so it would be great if you just stay out of this."

"I would have stayed out of this if you would have not fled away the way you did. Did you even listen to him?"

"What is there to listen? He is dating a guy who put him in the worst phase of his life... you weren't there, Josh but I was and I don't ever wanna see him that way again."

"Doug has changed... he'd never even dream of hurting Drake in his life... he loves him too damn much to hurt him."

"I don't fucking care what that shithead is like now... he made Drake take some extreme steps in his life when all he had was his best friend to hold him at night when he cried his eyes out for not being enough for a guy, for not being a good son to his parents who kicked him out when he told them he was gay."

"Calm down... I don't know what the fuck Doug did... but what I know is that Drake would not date the guy who made him feel shit... he's old enough to make his decisions Kate... he knows what is right and what is wrong. He has come a long way and he has reasons for his actions if you would just give him a chance to explain."

"He is stupid when it comes to guys Josh... he's been in love with that guy for as long as I remember and he'd do anything to just be with him... he didn't care enough when he jumped in his arms when he said he'll support him and he still loved him when he pushed him away, calling him what not."

"Kate... all I want to say is that, give him one chance to explain why... he is really sorry for keeping it from you and he feels terrible. I've never heard him speak with that much of sadness in the two months I've known him. He loves you and he'd never do something to hurt you... just let him explain."

"Why are you taking his side?"

"I'm not picking sides... I'm just telling you what I know."

"You knew he was dating Doug, didn't you?"

"Obviously, I knew... Doug is my roommate. But I had no idea about their past together."

"And you knew he was helping Mila with the schizo?"

"Yeah..."

"He helps Mila?"

"I thought you knew."

"I was suspicious, you just confirmed it."

"Oh god Kate!! Look, he is helping Mila cuz you cannot and she's really young to face what she is..."