Hanahaki Disease || Zhongli

Don't challenge Death to a pillow fight

Don't challenge Death to a pillow fight. Unless you're prepared for the reaper cushions.

The picture is taken by me! And yes its nighttime

Pointing important parts with this font

HANAHAKI DISEASE :

Hanahaki Disease is a fictional disease where the victim of unrequited or one-sided love begins to vomit or cough up the petals and flowers of a flowering plant growing in their lungs, which will eventually grow large enough to render breathing impossible if left untreated. There is no set time for how long this disease lasts but it may last from 2 weeks to 3 months, in rare cases up to 18 months, until the victim dies unless the feelings are returned or the plants are surgically removed. There is also no set flower that blossoms in the lungs but it may be the enamoured's favourite flower or favourite colour.Hanahaki can be cured through surgical removal of the plants' roots, but this excision also has the effect of removing the patient's capacity for romantic love. It may also erase the patient's feelings for and memories of the enamoured. It can also be cured by the reciprocation of the victim's feelings. These feelings cannot be feelings of friendship but must be feelings of genuine love. The victim may also develop Hanahaki Disease if they believe the love to be one-sided but once the enamoured returns the feelings, they will be cured. In some literature other symptoms can be fever, uncontrollable shaking, loss of appetite, low body temperature, and hallucinations. Even after curing, with or without surgery, there can be irreversible damage to the lungs and, although very rare, in some cases the disease cannot be cured.

TW  : BLOOD, ONE-SIDED LOVE, MENTIONS OF DEATH
Oh yeah this is 100% angst

---------------------------------------------There he was, the one and only Zhongli, your crush

There he was, the one and only Zhongli, your crush. He managed to capture your heart without a problem, and yet he himself didn't even knew it.

He probably didn't even know you existed.. but what can you do about it, you were too shy to approach him, your mind beating itself- what if you make a fool of yourself? So you silently watched him from afar.

Yet whenever you did that your throat started to scratch, making you cough. You thought nothing of it, until a few weeks back you coughed up a (fav colour) flower with your blood. You knew what it was, you've heard of it on social media.

No matter how much you tried to cover it up, it always became worse and harder to hide. He didnt love you back, he didnt even know you in the first place. You just passed each other in the hallways and thats it.

As you were watching him, you felt the clawing at your throat, making you look away and rush to the nearest restroom.

Opening the closest stall you locked the door behind you, bending over the toilet and letting the flowers fall from your mouth, blood as well.

It came far enough that you coughed up fully grown flowers, alarming you of how bad your well-being is. You were thinking of taking the surgery, but did you really want it? I mean its better then being dead, right? (No)

Lumine was telling you to go get that surgery anyways, maybe you should listen to her this time.. whatever, you still had time to think about it, or so you thought.

As you were thinking about that, your little coughing session ended, and now you were just sitting in front of a toilet filled with blood and flowers.

Snapping back to reality you wiped your mouth with the toitlet paper threw it itno the toilet and flushed it. Giving the toilet a little sigh you left the restroom.

Looking around the hallway, you made a mental note to avoid him as much as possible. You didnt want to have more of those little problems. Or maybe not so little.

Making your way down the hallway, you thought about Lumine's words, you told yourself you will think about it later but it was just a little too much to leave for "later".

Its not like he loves or even KNOW you or anything so why do you feel so attached to him? He is your long-time crush but does it really change anyhting? Well yes but- sigh

Making it to the school exit doors, you went through them, wanting nothing else but just to go home. Thats when the scratching on your throat came back. You had 2 options- either make it a run home or go to the school's toilet again.

Deciding you dont want to be near the school again as you might see him, you started running as fast as your legs allowed you to. You didnt live far away from home so it was okay.

But you had to say, over those 2 months the disease really was getting worse you were coughing full flowers now! Not thinking much of it for now, you made it home (a rlly short run or a rlly long timeskip, your choice)

Quickly making your way to the toilet, you open your mouth, letting the flowers flow out of your mouth with your own blood.

It took much longer for it to stop this time. But of course, it was probably just another stage of it (NO THATS WRONG, shout out to danganronpa fans)

After doing your homework and packing for tommorow you went to bed, thinking about the next day.

Little did you know, there will be no tommorow for you. 

END