~Starting fresh~

Its been a week since news of my father's death and my mom hasn't eaten a bit. Just the occasional tea, water and some crackers.
Today is my father's funeral and most friends and family showed and the ceremony went peacefully except for the fact that neither my mom, my brother or I shed a tear.
You may think that were heartless but we cried, we just won't show weakness in front of others. My mom cried in her bedroom, my brother freely cried in front of me and every night my pillow would be soaked with my tears.

Once we got home after the ceremony, my mom declared that we would be moving. She explained that while cooped up in her room, she called her job and got transferred to Bluebell Alabama. That was the first time that I knew that we were moving. Then she said that she found a house that she would be able to afford and pay cash. She was very hardworking so she was able to sustain us financially. And the final news was the fact that we had to move in two weeks. "The faster we leave this place, the faster we can start a fresh and new life" she quoted.
*end of flashback*
"And that's how I ended up here, and that phone call was my ex. I over reacted because he called me out of the blue."
By this time tears were freely flowing out of Tatiana's eyes.
"Hey come on I'm the one who went through it and I'm not crying." I said while rubbing her back trying to comfort her.
"I'm sorry its just that you've been through so much, yet you're so strong. I could never be that strong." Said Tatiana as she looked a me with play full envy.
I laughed then said "yes you are, I mean you almost bit Jason's head off back there"
"Yeah that was me" said Tatiana proudly.

After a moment of comforting silence she spoke up and said "I've never had a friend like you, and I don't want to actually lose this friendship"
"Neither do I " I replied " so BFF's? " I asked after a moment.
"BFF's " she replied. We hugged then headed out because school was already over.
"Hey you wanna come over and meet my family? " I asked while we head towards the parking lot.
"Sure I would love to."

For the rest of the afternoon, Tatiana and I relaxed with my family, and it seemed as if Jordan has developed a certain crush for my dear friend. Oh I'm never letting him get away with this.

Nightfall came and Tatiana left but we made plans to go to the mall tomorrow which was Saturday.
I can't believe that I came here for a fresh start, and I already gained a best friend who has encountered similar obstacles as me and we together are starting something new.
A friendship that would surely last. And I would make sure of it.
This time no matter what, I decided to make sure my life does not get thrown in the ditch as it did before. I cannot let my life lose control. The reason I built up my walls were for protection, protection from love. His voice today has shaken my walls, but it no longer struck that nerve. And I am proud of myself. I've come so far. Whatever doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I almost died when my life went upside down. But I'm coming back and this time, ten times stronger. For someone to throw me off my feet will be impossible.