"New addition -part 2"

*Teresa pnt of view*

The contraptions have become a bit more frequent, and I feel like, Derrick and Jason will need casts for their hands after this.

I remembered the night when I had to tell him...

*Nine months earlier*

That night, Derrick got home, he quickly jumped into the shower, and got ready.

We got in the car, and we headed towards the restaurant.

The closer we got, the more nervous I became.

I mean, I'm not sure what his reaction will be like, also am I gonna be a good mom?

"Baby, were here." Said Derrick. Snapping me out of my daze.

We got inside, and we were soon seated.

We ate in silent at the beginning, the he asked "bae what's going on?"

"Well, um, you know what happens in a woman at a certain time right, like during a period of nine months?" I asked trying to get him to figure it out.

"You came here to tell me that you're on your period?" He said, and I mentally face palmed.

"No, in those nine months, I don't get, my period."

"Oh?" Was his reply.

"Aye why do you have to be so difficult? Derrick, I'm pregnant." I said staring straight at him.

He looked at me, then he leaned back putting his fork and knife down.

"You're pregnant?" He asked.

"Yes." I replied.

He took a breath then stood up the he did the unexpected. "Yo! Everyone, my wife is pregnant, we going to have a baby!" He yelled out in front of everyone.

At first everyone stared at him, then they broke into cheers, and others sending compliments.

The rest of the evening went perfectly. When we got home, we celebrated with wine for him, and hot chocolate for me.

*End of flashback*

The doctor came, and he took me to the labor and delivery room, Derrick right on his tail.

When we entered, he told me "I'll be right here hun, don't worry."

The time came and the doctor told me to push, as hard as I can.

Derrick was holding my hand and counted "1,2,3."

And I pushed.

"Again!" Yelled the doctor.

And I pushed.

It was the most intense pain I've ever felt. It was as if my body was enlarging to the point where I would split open, well mostly down there.

"Mr. Payne would you like too see?" The doctor asked.

"Yeah, sure, as soon as she lets go of my hand." At his words I realized that his hand was being crushed by me. I let go and he went over to where the doctor was standing.

When he got there, in a split second, his eyes were to the back of his head, and he was sprawled out on the floor.

The doctor, broke into laughter and said "ah I always enjoy it when they do that."

His joke caused me to relax a bit, and I gave one last push and out came my baby girl. Screaming loudly.

As soon as she cried Derrick woke up. "I'm here. I'm ok" he said.

He saw our daughter then came and kissed me on the forehead.

"We did it." He said, then repeated "you did it." After I fixed him with a glare.

Looking at my baby girl, I was proud to say it was one of my biggest accomplishments.