"Asking her"

*Teresa pnt of view*

Its been two weeks since I left the hospital, and graduation is also two weeks away.
A few days after I left the hospital, I received a letter from the university of Alabama. It was a full scholarship in cardiology. Something that I've worked really hard for. I told Derrick and at first he was worried that I was going away to live on campus, but I decided to stay home, close to the ones I love. Because I want to be there for them in any way possible and show them that I love them, just like dad asked me to. And I also didn't want anybody else hating me for some stupid reason.
I also volounteered at the hospital, and they offered me a full time job there that would start as soon as I grduate. I've accomplished so much throughout these soon to be 18 years. My mom is so proud of me, and I know that dad is too.
Derrick also received a scholarship in football. But he decided to use the money to study personal training. He told me he that he plans on opening his own gym one day. Derrick will also stay at home, because he thinks that campus life could be a distraction and I know what he means. Instead he found a job as assistant coach at our high school.
Jason and Tatiana moved into an apartment and will soon get married after graduation.
At first I was jealous of them, and I wished that Derrick and I could get married. But I guess I'll wait for what the future brings. I mean, no matter how hard I tried, I still fell in love, and I fell hard. It almost cost my life this time. Hopefully the future brings good news, because the past only holds bad memories.

*2 weeks later*
"Teresa get closer, I want to capture the five of you together." Exclaimed mom.
We just go graduated and my mom is filling her camera with pictures... and happy tears.

A few weeks ago Derrick's family had invited us to a very expensive dinner, and ever since then, Derrick has been acting weird, and today he seems extra nervous and jumpy.
"Derrick?"
"Huh?!"
"Are you okay?" I asked slightly worried.
"Uh, yeah, yeah, I'm fine." At his words Jason bust into laughter and Tatiana said "relax."
Do they know something that I don't?
We were driving to the restaurant. The four of us were in the car, and the parents and my brother were in another, and the closer we got to the restaurant, the more nervous and anxious Derrick became.

*Derrick's pnt of view*
Today is the day. The day that one word from Teresa could determine our future together.
After the incident in the past few weeks, I realized that my love for Teresa is the strongest feeling I've ever felt, and it would never fade. So I made the choice to spend the rest of my life together.
When I told my parents, they were really happy and proud. They were so happy that they started planning how everything would go. Except I had to stop them because I didn't get her mom's blessing or permission yet.
When I went to talk to her mom, my parents insisted on coming. We went to a restaurant and I asked for her permission which she happily allowed; she also agreed with my mom on Teresa and I having 3 kids, at least.
My dad asked me how I would ask her and I said that I had no idea. So he planned on having the families go to Teresa's favorite restaurant and then I could ask her there. And now its finally time. To say I'm nervous is an understatement.
Its five minutes before 8:00 and everyone is getting antsy. Jason and Tatiana are smiling like goofs. Jordan is eating and talking to Sally, yet he keeps on stealing glances at me. My mom and dad have proud smiles on their faces, and Teresa's mom looks close to tears, and me? I'm a nervous wreck.
The clock stroke 8:00, and on cue the romantic music started playing In the background, I stood up and cleared my throat.
"Excuse me everyone, I hate to disrupt your dinner, but I have a very important announcement to make." At my words the whole room went silent, except for the music. I took Teresa's hand and made her stand up. I couldn't help but smile at her cofusion-written face and her beauty. Then I pulled out the emrald-green box. I got on my knees, and her eyebrows rose up in surprise.
"Teresa, eversince the first day we met you became my drug. You would be the first thing on my mind when I woke up, my daily dose, and the last thing before I went to sleep. I couldn't spend a day without seeing you, even if it was from distance. But I can't stay at a distance any longer. Teresa Miller, will you marry me? "
Silence, then "Derrick... I..."