~How life got worse~

It was 3:00 in the afternoon when the doorbell rang.
I opened the door to find the jail warden and my dad's lawyer standing there, and by the looks on their faces I knew that something was wrong and it had to do with my dad.
"Mrs. Miller I come with some bad news of the whereabouts of your husband. He's dead I'm sorry." Said the warden.
Silence. It was the only thing that took place. It was as if the world stopped, for a few minutes to let the news sink in.
"How ?" was the only word that seem to freely escape my mind and mouth.
"He committed suicide" said the lawyer.
"OK" was my only reply, I couldn't think of anything else, my mind has gone blank.
"Look Mrs. Miller, I am so sorry we tried to keep an eye on him, but he went in the bathroom. And well once in the bathroom we can't have an eye on you, that is invasion of privacy. It seems as if somehow he got his hands on a sharp object and well you know the rest." Said the warden when he noticed our faces that gave away our confusion.
"Yes, well thank you gentlemen, but if you would kindly leave, I would very much appreciate it" said my mother stiffly.
"Yes of course" said the lawyer. Then they bid us goodbye and good luck.

"I'm going to lay down for a while, um I don't feel to good" said my mom and that's when I noticed the that the blood has totally drained from her face and that she was as pale as a vampire.
"Yeah go ahead ma, I'll make dinner" I replied.
"Thank you sweetie, you always come through when I need you, I love you " she then kisses me on my forehead and headed towards her bedroom. She closes the door and then I heard the usual bed squeak which indicated that she was safe in her room.
"OK what do you want little bro? " I asked while shuffling his hair.
"Mac and cheese! " he shouted ecxitedly.
of course, I thought.

Later on I made Mac and cheese, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables with shrimp. I set the table and went to call my mom, but when I got to her room she was sound asleep, but I didn't fail to notice the trails of dry tears that stained her face. Even though she was asleep she looked broken.

While at the table with my brother out of the blue he asked " Terry does this mean that I'll never see dad again? " . It took me by surprise and well there was no point in lying to him so I told him the truth.
"Yes... dad is dead, but he died an innocent man, which means that he will be watching over us. OK? "
"OK" was his reply, he then came and hugged me and we stayed that way until he fell asleep, and I brought him to his bed which was now situated in my mom's room.
I headed towards my room after cleaning and organizing the kitchen and took a shower. After getting ready for bed, I layed down to revise the events of the day. But the only thing that really grabbed my attention was the fact that my dad was gone. He took his life in his own hands because he could not live with being encaged even though he was innocent. My dad died an innocent man and I have a feeling that whoever should be in his place is out there, I have a feeling he was there for my father's sentencing, and I have a feeling I know who it is. But maybe in the future it'll all be clear.