"The connection"

*Teresa pnt of view*
I found myself spinning down what seems to be an endless tunnel, until I landed in a large field of flowers, little animals, and a lake and it was surrounded by trees.
I found myself in a dark blue dress that reached above my knees.
My untamed curly hair was out and free. I looked around and was amazed by the site, until a voice spoke up.
"Terry-bear, terry-bear" wait! That sounds like "dad?"
"Yes sweetie, its me. "
I looked frantic all over, trying to find him. Until I landed on a glowing figure in all white.

Through the trees came my dad, but he wasn't wearing the clothes they had buried him in, instead he had on a white shirt, white pants, and brown sandals. He looked pale, but in a good, glowing way.

"Hey sweetie, I'm here to tell you something, after that it'll be goodbye. And we don't have much time."
"But d..."
"No Teresa, listen to me, and listen carefully. The dreams that you've been having, that girl it was you. Come on make the connection. The people that you chose, those faces, don't you remember who they were or are? "
I thought about it for a moment, then it all came to me *gasp* "mom, Jordan, Jason, Tatiana, and ... Derrick. "
"Exactly, you chose the people that will be there for you, and I couldn't be more proud of you."
"Thanks daddy."

He placed his hands on my shoulders then gasped, his grip slightly tightened "time is almost up." At his words I couldn't help but noticed that he was paler, he almost seemed transparent.

"Teresa you have to go. I approve of Derrick, but if he hurts you, I will haunt him for the rest of his life. Remember that. You've grown to be a very strong, independant, and beautiful woman, and I love you. Watch over your mom and Jordan. Help Jordan grow into a very successful young man, and one that respect others, especially women. Kiss your mom everyday and make her feel special, and tell her that you love her. Make everyone that is part of your life feel special. I'll be watching over you sweetie. I love you. I love you all. Go!"
At his words he completely disappeared.
"Dad! Dad! Please come back, I'm not strong enough, and I'm scared,please, come back." I cried.
"Go Teresa, I know who you are, you're my daughter, you have my courageous genes. Go, I love you."
This time its the forest that disappeared.

I was spinning once again. Then I felt myself on a bed. I opened my eyes to find my mom holding one of my hands, even though she's asleep. My brother was sleeping on a chair, under a blanket. He looks so adorabe, and so innocent. I also noticed Tatiana curled up in a ball on the couch. The only people missing are Jason and ... Derrick.

I was so close to ending it all, but I didn't take a minute to think of the things worth living for. Love. Until it came to save me. Yet again the hate of the world came to attack me once more, and love saved the day again. I used to be afraid to love. But maybe I should give it one more try. After falling so hard, then getting my heart shattered, I became selfish, towards those who cared for me. Its almost as if my destiny was to feel pain. But everyone deserves a second chance at love. I'm still young, but I know and enjoy the way love feels. Even if some endings are not always happy. My selfish heart buried itself among a thick and tall wall, but now its broken, and my heart has become vulnerable once again. I just hope this time... it doesn't end in million pieces. Cause if it does, I will surely die young.