"Hello?"

"And hello sweetie" said a voice that belonged to none other than... Jason.
And he was staring at Tatiana, who was staring at the ground in embarrassment. Also in fear.
Then I noticed a tiny tear escaping her eye and sliding down her cheeks. And I know who's to blame.
"Excuse me! But who do you think you are? " I asked while crossing my hands across my chest and fixing Jason with one of my glares, that included and upper-arched eyebrow.
"My name is Ja..." he started
"Jason I know" I rudely interrupted him.
"I know who you are and what you did, which means you have absolutely no right yo talk to her. You jerk!"
By this time I had advanced on him, and with each word I stuck my index finger in his chest.
"You jerk, you need to respect women, you caused her pain, you will never talk to her again, you stay away from her, or I promise you I will come for you. When I do you will rue the day you were born. Capiche? "
"Hey man, I just wanted to talk to her" said Jason while looking slightly uncomfortable. " I wanted to say that I'm sorry, and if we could start over."
"Start over? Puh lease! " retorted Tatiana, which took me by surprise, because whenever these boys were around, she would go quiet as a mouse.
"Jason you know what? If after all these years you're just coming to say sorry now, you're too late. You were my first love, but now I hate you! I hate you! Do you know how long it took for me to get over everything you've done! Everything! And now you're coming to say sorry, I think you're sexually frustrated or something. But like Teresa said stay away from me. Or I will get you myself.!" By this time Tatiana was fuming, Jason was staring wide-eyed and Derrick well he was standing on the wall just watching everything unfold.
A moment of silent.
Then, my phone rang, "hello? "
"Hello Teresa."
That voice, that voice, I never thought I would hear it ever again. And after all this time, it still makes my heart skip a beat.
David. But how?
I did the only thing possible I hung up.
"Terry are you OK? " asked Tatiana .
"No" I answered, totally shaken by that phone call, and the voice that sent an electrifying bliss to my heart.
"I need to talk to someone now!"
"OK ok , come on lets go to the library "
"Wait!" Yelled Derrick, "are you OK? "
"No I'm not but don't worry, you don't have to care, I don't need your pity." I spat at him.
Which caused him to step back surprised, and something else ... hurt ? No, no way.
Why would he be hurt because of what I said?
"Wait!" Yelled Jason "can we talk later ?
"I don't know " said Tatiana and we turn and headed towards the library.

"What happened ? "Asked Tatiana.
"Well lets start from the beginning, get comfortable, we're about to miss our last classes."
"OK shoot" said Tatiana, after shifting around and literarily making herself comfortable.
"Haha OK it all started... in sophomore year.
*Flashback*
"Hi I'm David. What's your name? "
"Hi I'm Teresa, looks like we're gonna be lab partners this year."
"And I coukdn ask for a better partner. " he said then flashed me the most beautiful smile I've ever seen. And my heart melted.
That's how it all started. We started hanging out together after school. He would invite me to parties, come over, he met my parents and we all got along. His sister became my best friend. He was the quarter back, which meant that hw was part of the popular crowd, and that meant the same for me. The cherrleaders treated me like one of themselves. The acted as if they were my true friends.