CH.7: Friends? Friends!!

Dear All,

Here comes edited and improved chapter 7 and I hope you will really much enjoy it! So, please let me know ^^

In here we will have another POV to let us see things from a different perspective and also, to introduce this sweet cinnamon roll better. He is an important character and we will have his POV in here 😊

My old readers, I think we will understand even more about our cutie here and also, of Travis in a way.

The mystery thickens in a way, on why our cutie is scared of them, but we will discover everything in due time.

I would like to very much say a big THANK YOU to all of my readers, amazing people who are either reading this story for the first time and giving it a lot of love through votes and comments and also, to my many, many re-readers! Knowing I wrote a story you feel like taking in your hands again is simply amazing and therefore I want to give you the best I can.

I won't add anything more, aside saying, happy and magic reading to you.

Enjoy it!

"A friend is one that knows you as you are, understands where you have been, accepts what you have become, and still, gently allows you to grow," by William Shakespeare.

JASPER POV:

I walked beside Travis and I wasn't sure he realized what he was doing or if he did it on purpose, but his hand was tightly around mine as we left the school, still shaken by our encounter with them. I peered up at him and I still couldn't believe I became friend with someone like Travis. He was so different from me, but in some ways so very similar, and his personality had the wonderful gift and skill to make me feel good and at ease when I was myself. Also, I felt I could open up and be relaxed, something that didn't happen very often with me and mostly only with my brother or my other friends.

The first time I saw him was when he arrived at our school during his first day, and oh boy, it was impossible not to notice him. Most of the students here were sort of boring, I mean, very calm and not as exceptional and extravagant as he was, and uhm, quite snobbish and rather pompous in their attitudes sometimes, probably many of them coming from families like mine. But I wouldn't know much, for I kept for myself since the first day of my first year, never being able to blend with my classmates and schoolmates, never being able to become closer to anyone in particular. There were no activities that interested me, and I tried once to join some sport clubs, but it ended very badly, because I was short and some thought I could not be athletic, even if I was in my own way. Therefore, every day I was eager to leave this place and run to meet my real friends, super nice and funny guys I met through my passion for skateboarding, with whom I could be myself without having to worry about anything or watch for my back. Sadly, they all went to another school, but my parents didn't approve of that one obviously, especially my mother, who thought that this even was as good as she wished.

We did hang out together at Carlos's or Steve's house when it was raining, skateboarding when sunny and our butts didn't freeze, or sometimes we simply went to the cinema to watch a movie together. We ate snacks and junk food together, especially at Carlos's place that was always well stocked with every sort of sweet, savory, spicy or any sort of flavor I could think of for a snack. I missed them in school every single day, every single hour. Boy, every single minute.

Being shy and quiet as I was didn't work the best if you wanted to open up and meet other people, especially most of the students in here, who looked down on me for reasons I never completely understood. I realized with time that my simple and skater-boy style was not very welcomed here, as I read it in their faces, because I didn't really care for branded clothes. Mother wished for that, but at least in this matter I managed to somehow win the discussion.