Off-Screen Events: Ace Heads out to Sea

"Well, I can't believe that you are heading out to sea today," I sigh, leaning against the wall of the mountain house where Luffy and Ace have lived for many years. "I've been trying to spend as much time with you recently, but it doesn't feel like enough."

"It's not like you just started spending time with me," Ace teases. "When Luffy came to live here after declaring he was going to be a pirate, you would come up and spend a lot of time with him. I was always here."

"Yeah, you were angry and glared at me a lot in the beginning. You scared me," I stick my tongue out at him for a few seconds.

"Sorry about that," he grimaces, scratching the back of his head.

"You eventually became who I know you as today, and I infiltrated you time with Luffy when I could."

"And I had to make sure that you stayed safe while you were out with us, which wasn't always easy, but I never once failed in that regard. Now, you can fight on your own, and I hope that once you get out to sea, you'll be able to show that off." He goes back to filling his bag with the items he is taking on his journey.

"Me too," I softly smile.

"Hey, what are you two doing in here?" Luffy asks as he walks in. His hair is a mess, and his straw hat is in his hand which means he must have just gotten up. There's a bandage on his forehead as well as one on his arm. "What time is it?"

"Are you okay, Luffy? It isn't like you to sleep past breakfast."

"I missed breakfast!?"

"I left some food over there," Ace motions to the table nearby.

"Whoa, thanks!" Luffy rushes over to shove as much food as possible into his mouth at one time.

I giggle, "Did the two of you have one last fight before you leave, Ace?"

"That's right," Ace nods, closing his bag and setting it off to the side. "He wanted to see if he could beat me before I set out, but as you can see by the bandages on him and none on me, that didn't happen."

"It was close!" Luffy shouts through a mouthful of food.

"Whatever," Ace chuckles, sitting down to put his boots on. "You still lost, and that is what matters."

"I guess I'll have to fight with Luffy for the next few years before we head out to sea now that you're leaving," I say.

"Maybe you will, squirt." Ace stands up, grabbing his hat off a chair and placing it on his head. "Ugh, this shirt is constricting," he grumbles, unbuttoning all the buttons to reveal his muscled chest. "Now that is a lot better."

I roll my eyes, "Trying to prove a point or something?"

"This is just a lot more comfortable," he shrugs.

"Maybe I should find a shirt that lets me show off my chest," Luffy chuckles, looking down at the t-shirt he's wearing.

"I know someone who-" Ace is smirking, but I cut him off by throwing my shoe at him. He easily catches it, tossing it back, but he keeps his mouth shut after that.

"Shut up," I glare at him, feeling my cheeks heating up as now I am picturing Luffy without a shirt.

"Have any girls that you want to impress, Luffy?" Ace asks.

"Girls to impress?" Luffy questions. "I just want to show everyone how strong I've gotten!"

I take a deep breath, trying to get the blush to recede off my cheeks before Luffy looks over at me. "I'm sure that everyone knows that you've gotten a lot stronger in recent years."