Zombie AU Filler Chapter 2

The day after a supply run is always fun as we get to truly go through what we were able to find and decide what needs to be searched for in the next supply run. It also means that we get our first pick on one item if we'd like, or we can get a small item in the warehouse that we've been longing for. It is also a great time to spend with friends without worrying about fighting off the undead.

"I bet that you're looking forward to your day off," Nami teases as we go over the books that were found yesterday. "I feel like it's been a while since we've had a true day off, and I'm sure that a certain someone is missing you."

I roll my eyes, glancing over at Luffy as he works with Usopp and Franky to go over the electronics we brought back. "Is that really what you think we get up to when we have a moment to relax? That we can't keep our hands off each other."

"You two hold hands a lot," Chopper says as he works on looking through the movies. "There's nothing wrong with that, of course. You're allowed to show that you love Luffy, and that he loves you."

"Thank you, Chopper."

"Also, what Nami is referring to is engrained in our brains, so there's nothing wrong with that either."

"Why, thank you, Chopper," Nami chuckles as I stick my tongue out at her.

"I work with food every day, Moss Head!" Sanji snaps, getting everyone to look over at them dealing with the little sealed food we found. "I know what's gone bad!"

"If you work with food every day, how come you haven't come up with replacements for all the things people are craving?" Zoro snaps.

"Its not that easy! We're not letting people eat these things that is multiple years out of date!"

"Knock it off you two!" Nami shouts. "Why do you work together if you're just going to end up fighting!?"

"Who else is going to keep an eye on him!?" Sanji points at Zoro.

"He kind of has a point there," I grimace. "Luffy, Usopp, and Chopper would let him do whatever. Franky and Brook would be too confused to say anything. Robin would giggle at him, and you'd get too frustrated to actually get anything done. I'm sure that I wouldn't be able to call him out for not doing it right. Sanji really is the only one that can work with him and get shit done."

"Ugh, I hate that logic," Nami sighs. "But you're right."

"The sooner you get through your cataloging and ready to go where it needs to next, the sooner you can stop working together!" Robin calls out, always going back to her teacher roots at the right time. She's over with Brook as they get boxes ready to go to the various libraries.

"We've figured out the best teams, and we can't deviate now," I shrug. "I'd like to work with Luffy, but we'd get nothing done."

"And the sooner we're done here, the sooner we can go to our actual jobs," Chopper says. "I think that Law and I might be close to a breakthrough for at least a vaccine, which won't fully solve the problem, but it would help."

"We're thankful for you, Chopper, and all that you are doing with Law to help us move into a new age without the threat of the undead trying to kill us."

"Well, it sounds like Chopper has plans for what he's doing afterwards, but what about the rest of us?" Nami raises her voice enough for all the group to hear.

"I have to get to the restaurant," Sanji answers. "Zeff knows I have to go out on runs, but when I'm inside the walls, I have to helped out there as much as I can. You're all welcome to come get something to eat."