A Fist of Love

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

Only two days have passed since the incident we caused at Enies Lobby. Once we made it back to Water 7, Iceburg set us up in a private pirate house at the temporary headquarters for Galley-La. For the first time in too long, every single one of us was able to sleep for as long as we desired. Every single one of our bodies had been pushed to their limits, and we needed time to recover before going about our days once again. After a day and a half of rest and relaxation, all of us had tasks that we needed to accomplish.

Usopp disappeared before we woke up, which I understand but wish he could just get over himself to apologize for his wrongdoings to rejoin the crew. Zoro went out to mull over the sword that one of the Marines turned to dust with a Devil Fruit power during the last battle before we escaped on Going Merry, yet I'm not sure if he's going to find a replacement in this city. Nami has been sulking at the circular table in the room; her head down as she can't even bring herself to look at a map since we have no ship to take us anywhere. Chopper and Robin have gone out to take care of anyone who was wounded that came with us, but they should be returning soon. Sanji and I got back to the house not long ago with groceries for a couple meals, and the blond has been making lunch for those of us that are still at the house.

Luffy is the only one of us that hasn't pulled out of his sleep. His body was brought to the brink of death too many times during his fight with Lucci, and I don't want to think about what could have been since he is still alive and kicking. The fact that he's learned to eat while completely asleep is enough of a shock to help me forget about how close we might have been to losing him.

"After everything we went through with Galley-La, I'm happy to wear their merchandise around," I plop down in a chair on the other side of the table that Luffy has been moved to in order to eat lunch. The outfit that I'm now wearing consists of a yellow t-shirt (showing off the many bandages on my arms) that has the Galley-La Company emblem on the front, jean shorts, white socks with embroidered ladybugs (that cover many bandages on my legs), and yellow high-top sneakers to match my shirt.

"You're adorable in anything, my darling," Sanji hands me a yogurt parfait as he walks back to get the trays of the food he's made for the others. He's changed into a light lilac button-up with a red tie along with his normal pants and shoes. There is a bandage on his cheek that Nami did press a kiss to before he woke up.

"Feel safe saying that since Luffy's out cold?"

"It would only help you get more compliments if he was awake."

"I honestly can't decide if I'm impressed or grossed about by what he's doing," I shake my head as I look at Luffy fully asleep but still stuff his face with the food Sanji has prepared this afternoon.

Before Luffy fell into his much-needed slumber, he did change into a white t-shirt with red trim and the Galley-La Company emblem in the middle, navy-blue shorts, and a pair of new sandals. There are also bandages wrapped around his head and arms that I made sure to give plenty of kisses to. He also said I could take his hat whenever I wanted if I missed him in any capacity, but I haven't felt the need to do that yet.

"How can the two of you be happy?" Nami grumbles. She's changed into a yellow mini-dress with a hood and kept her orange high-heeled sandals. "Don't you know we're stuck here? All our things gone to the Aqua Laguna, and our ship only a memory."

"But we're alive," I point my spoon at her before dipping it into my parfait. "We're alive and together, which is what matters most. We'll figure out a way to get money and buy more things, but we can't reverse death."