A Real-Life Mermaid!

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

A mere four days have passed since we were finally able to set sail from Thriller Bark to head towards Fishman Island. After the first couple hours of intense sea, we've been able to sail without much interruption. We've truly gotten a handle on sailing the Grand Line.

For the first day, we all raced around and got used to being back on the Sunny. There were games of tag, the best snacks from Sanji, and Brook's lovely music to fill the air. After everything we've been through, this was the perfect way to get back into the groove of truly being out at sea. It also feels good that we have a true destination, unlike other times where we are just sailing and hoping to run into some kind of adventure.

The next few days have been fairly normal. Luffy was running around either begging others to play some game or fish, I was working on some blacksmithing or hanging with Luffy, Zoro was mainly exercising, Nami was navigating or drawing maps, Usopp was fishing with Luffy or coming up with new attack stars for his slingshot, Sanji was making treats for us girls in between making meals, Robin was mostly reading, Chopper was checking injuries sustained on Thriller Bark while making more medicine we'll no doubt need later, Franky was making plans of what to build next while also helping me out, and Brook was playing all kind of music or telling jokes. I'm not sure when we'll get our next crewmember, but for now I am pretty content with the group we've got.

As for right now, we are finally approaching the place that will mean we've made it halfway around the globe: The Red Line. We've already gone on enough adventure to last a lifetime, but we're truly just getting started.

"I can't believe that I was able to make such a cute outfit with such a plain vest," Nami grins as she motions at my outfit. She's changed into an orange shirt with an orange and purple floral pattern going diagonally across the front, white jean short-shorts, and her normal high-heeled sandals.

"You'd look adorable in anything, Akari," Robin smiles. She's changed into a black sleeveless shirt with a yellow and black concentric circles that dips low in the front, matching black pants that go down to her calves with a tan with yellow circles belt, purple high-heeled doll shoes, a string of yellow ornaments hanging loosely around her waist, and a black cowboy hat with white on the rim to match to wear later.

"I made a promise with Luffy, so I'm glad that we could figure something out that wasn't just me wearing his vest with nothing underneath," I chuckle, giving my ponytail a final tug to make sure it will stay. The outfit Nami helped me create consists of one of Luffy's red vests over a black t-shirt, jean shorts, and light combat boots. "If I had the straw hat, we'd be pretty much the same."

"We'd better get out there and show you off then," Nami grins, grabbing my hand and walking us out of the girls' room with Robin close behind.

Outside on the main deck, everyone is quite lively for what we are about to encounter. The waves are a bit choppier, and there's a light sea fog that has descended on us. In a way, it reminds me of when we were approaching Reverse Mountain all that time ago.

"Akari!" Luffy cries out, swinging down from wherever he was moments ago to land right in front of me. "Finally, I get to see you with my vest." His eyes scan over my body before locking eyes. "You're really cute. You look just like me!" He widely smiles. He's changed into a blue vest and dark blue jean shorts.

I giggle, grabbing his hand and intertwining our fingers. "That's what I was thinking. Not with what you're wearing now, of course, but before you decided on a vest other than red."

"I would have made her look a lot different, but Akari was insistent on looking like her boyfriend, and I can't deny her when she's such an angel," Nami teases, giving my cheek a quick pinch. "I have to go make sure we're still on course," she nods before rushing off.