Sold to the Highest Bidder

"Let go of me!" Camie screams as two men dressed kind of like clowns carry her down the hall. They've removed her skirt and shoes to reveal her mermaid tail. "That hurts! Hatchin's going to come and beat you all up!"

"Oh, my boyfriend is going to do more than beat you guys up," I snarl, stumbling as the man holding the chain connected to the cuffs around my wrists gives me a tugged. Since I don't have a tail, I've been forced to walk through the auction house's back halls to my imprisonment.

It felt like hours since Camie and I were ripped from our friends and trapped in sacks to be taken to a horrible place that is this human auction house. The first moment that the sack was removed, and I could see once again, I was instantly reaching for Camie. The last thing that I want is for us to be separated. No matter what happens, I need to make sure that we stick together. Even if that means we get sold to the same person. I will do whatever I have to in order to stay with Camie. I'm not going to let her go through this alone.

The area we're in has a cage on one side of the wall filled with other people, even a man that looks to be a giant, that have been captured to be sold into slavery. It makes me sick knowing that this is something that is constantly going on here. That people are actually buying and selling other living beings. There's nothing that I can do to fix this sick business, but one day I am going to make sure that this is eradicated from the earth.

We stop walking, and a man wearing a large round hat atop long thin hair steps up to Camie now being held by the armpits by a single man. There's such a sickly twisted happy look in his eyes that their lucky I'm in chains because I would not hold back.

"Oh ho!" the gross man grabs Camie's face, squishing her cheeks between his disgusting fingers. "We should get a lot for this one! How rare! So lively! And such fair skin! Who's the seller?"

"The Hound Pets," some man answers.

"Peterman does good work."

"But the Flying Fish Riders aren't exhibiting this time," another man says.

"And they won't ever again," I hiss.

The gross man lets go of Camie's face and she instantly sticks her tongue out at the man. The grin on my face doesn't last long as he slaps her right across the face and sends her tumbling to the ground. His foot slams against her head multiple times.

"Why you dirty fish!" Gross Man screams.

"Stop, Disco!" some man shouts as multiple rush forward. "That's a valuable product! If you damage it, the price will drop!"

"Knock it off!" I scream.

"If you're going to kick, try the stomach or someplace hidden."

"Hmph," Disco grunts, making his way over to me. "And what do we have here? Just a normal little human girl caught with the mermaid. Well, at least you're pretty, so I'm sure we can get a good enough price for you."

"You're a sad little man inside, aren't you?" I spit right in his face.

"Why you!" He goes to hit me just like he did to Camie, but I hold up my chained arms to block his blow. "Oh, what's this?" He roughly grabs my left arm, raising it up to his eyes to get a better look at the bracelet that has never left my wrist since Luffy gifted it to me. "Well, this looks too valuable for a slave to have, so I'll just be taking that for me." He starts to spin it around to find the clasp to release it.

"Don't you dare take that from me!" I scream, trying to pull my arm away, but Disco has a surprisingly strong grip. "That's the very first thing that Luffy gifted me in our relationship! It means the world to me! I won't let you take it my treasure! I won't let you!" I empty my lungs, and at the same time, a pulse explodes from around me.