Reaching The Sacrificial Alter

"Finally," I breathe out, stumbling over to the boys, but the pain running through me makes it difficult to walk all the way to them. "Nice work, boys! He was getting on my last nerve! Literally," I whisper to myself.

"Akari!" Luffy whips his head to look at me. His eyes widening as he must see dried blood and bruises littering my body. "Are you okay!?" he rushes over to me, shaking his head when he reaches me. "Why did I ask that? Of course, you're not okay. You threw up and were hit by that fatass twice." His hands hover over me as they roam around. It is like he is afraid to touch me and grab a particularly injured part of me.

"I'll be fine," I softly smile, wrapping my arms around his exposed torso. Then I fall into him, humming at the warmth of his body. "In fact, this is making me feel a lot better already."

He gently lays his arms around me, rubbing his hands over my back. "I'm not doing that great of a job protecting you."

"It's hard when I just rush right into a fight."

"What hurts?"

"Everything," I whine. "It feels like I am one step away from all my bones shattering. I just need you to hold me, Luffy."

"I can do that," he presses a kiss to the crown of my head. "You need to get something to eat soon, too. After throwing up back there. Was it because you saw Sanji spit up blood?"

"Yes," I pout. "I really don't like blood and seeing that triggered something within in me that just had me vomit."

"You don't have to explain. I just feel better knowing that you are safe now."

"I don't think I can walk," I sadly giggle.

Luffy slowly pushes me back from his chest, a grin plastered to his face. "I'll give you a piggyback ride then."

"But you're hurt too, Luff," I shake my head.

He shrugs, "You're light, and I feel a lot better after your hug." He chuckles, and I see the lightest red dusted across his cheeks.

"You'll just keep insisting, so I'll accept the piggyback," I softly giggle.

He turns around, helping me onto his back without even a grunt of pain. "There, now you can just focus on resting while we search for the boat."

I move his hat back to his head in order to rest my head on his shoulder. "Where did Usopp go?"

"I was just wondering that," Sanji steps up to us with a small smile on his lips. "Maybe you do know how to take care of a girl, Luffy."

"Huh?" Luffy turns to press a kiss to my temple. "Well, I only need to know how to take care of one girl, so it can't be that hard."

I poke his cheek, "Especially when you've known me all my life."

"Luffy! Sanji! Akari! I found the boat!" Usopp's voice explodes through the forest. "Hurry! It is almost out of the forest!"

"Speaking of the bastard, he's still alive," Sanji says as we all look over to see Usopp waving at us. "He disappeared after the explosion, so I thought he was blown to dust."

"I completely forgot about the boat," I grimace. "Defeating that dick would have meant nothing if we got stuck in here."

"We better run," Luffy adjusts his hold on me. "Great work, Usopp!"