A Journey Through the Desert

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

After sailing for a couple of hours, we have reached the shore where we will start the journey into the desert to head to the town where Vivi says we will find what we need to stop the rebels. Luffy has been bugging me constantly about what Ace talked with me about. Each time I don't feel like we are alone enough for me to reveal the new information that has been given to me. As much as I trust the rest of the crew and know that they are my friends that have my back, I can't even fully grasp what Ace has told me. I want to keep it to myself for a little while longer.

"We're here!" Luffy exclaims as he looks at the ghost town in front of us. He's now wearing a light blue head scarf over his hat and a red with white accents long coat. "That's Yuba! Whoa, kind of a ghost town!" He's carrying a barrel of water and a backpack full of supplies.

"I don't think that is Yuba, Luffy," I chuckle. As with the other girls, we have put on headscarf body coverings to match our clothes underneath. "On the map it was farther into the desert."

"Time to find that damn rebel leader."

"We aren't in Yuba yet, Luffy," Vivi confirms my thought. "It is still a least a half day journey to the northwest. All we did is sail up the Great Sandora River to reach the Green City of Erumalu," she pulls out her map. "I can show you on the map if you'd like."

"This doesn't look very green," Luffy frowns.

"It used to be," she sighs.

"Hey, what is this thing!?" Usopp shouts. "It looks like a turtle and a seal!"

I whip around to see the cutest seal with a turtle shell getting ready to fight Usopp by the look of its stance.

"That is a Kung Fu Jugon! Don't go near it!"

It is too late, as the creature easily defeats Usopp without even really trying.

"They're dangerous," she sighs.

"You let that beat you?" Zoro shakes his head.

The seal makes it over to Luffy and I, making my heart swell with how cute it is.

"Why must everything cute want to fight?" I pout.

"That includes you," Luffy says, easily defeating the seal.

"Luffy beat it," Nami points over to us.

"No!" Vivi exclaims. "It is the code of Kung Fu Jugon to become the apprentice of the person who defeats it."

"A disciple of martial arts then," Zoro says.

The seal bows to Luffy, who starts to mimic the fighting stances that Luffy is showing. Eventually, we are surrounded by numerous Kung Fu Jugon, and I can't stop smiling and wanting to hug them all.

"This is the stance you want to achieve," Luffy teaches.

"And remember," I add. "Protect your friends."

"Akari is right," he chuckles. "She's my girlfriend, so she knows what she's talking about."

"More apprentices!?" Vivi screams.

In the next couple of minutes, Luffy explains a few more fighting techniques, and then Chopper has to tell them that we have to be on our way. I get a few hugs, which makes me squirm with happiness. Our new friends have to be left behind to stand watch over the Going Merry.