A Run in with Salvagers

"Does anyone else hear that?" I groan as I hear something clanging together in the distance. "Gah, I'm getting a headache."

"I hear it," Robin says. "They're also chanting something."

"I'll look," Usopp pulls down one of his sight goggles over his eye, looking off into the distance. "What is that?"

The chanting becomes clear at the same time I turn to see a large ship heading right toward us. The crew on board shouting 'Salvage, salvage!' at an even pace. They are also clapping together cymbals that make my ears ring, along with someone blowing a whistle that makes my head want to explode.

"What is it about us that attracts absolute weirdness and chaos," I pinch the bridge of my nose as the ship gets closer to reveal the crew.

The captain looks to be a monkey, or at least mostly monkey from the way he looks. He's wearing overalls that say 'Masira' and have a cute face on his stomach. His crew is a bunch of strange looking men with grins on their faces.

"We really had to meet these guys now?" Nami sighs.

"The universe doesn't let us free even for a second," I shake my head.

"Hey, what are you doing down there!?" the monkey guy shouts. "You're in my territory!"

"Territory?" Nami and I ask.

"Yes, any ship that sinks in this area belongs to me. You better not have mess with 'em. Huh?"

"I think he means ships to salvage," Robin says.

"That...that must be it," Usopp cowers behind the railing.

"This might actually be a lucky break for us," Nami smiles.

"You really think it will be a good idea? They seem a little weird," I grimace.

"Hey, stop talking among yourselves and answer the question!" the monkey shouts.

"Sorry, excuse me, can I ask a question!" Nami waves at the man.

"A question? You want to ask me a question!? Hm, okay, ask away."

"Sir, are you going to salvage a ship right now?"

"Wow, amazing manners! Do you think I warrant that kind of admiration?"

"Admiration?" I furrow my eyebrows as I frown at the man.

"I mean, you think that I'm handsome?"

"Um...sure?" Nami looks at me with a cringe.

"I'm speechless," he gushes.

"Is he being serious right now?" Usopp asks.

"You don't even have to ask. If there is a sunken ship, I'm going to bring it up! If it floats, I sink it, then bring it up! That's me! There's no ship that can't be salvaged by us!"

"Would you mind if we watched?" Nami asks.

"Oh, haven't you ever seen a salvage operation?"

We shake our heads.

"Okay, you can watch!"

"Boss, we've got trouble!" one of the crew shouts to the captain. "These men went down to prepare the cradle, and well..."