The Search Team is Separated

+~*~*~*~*~*~+

"Alright everyone!" Nami calls out as the sun has almost set and we have all completed our tasks. "I am calling the official Straw Hats 'What are we going to do Tomorrow' meeting to order!"

I take a sip of soup, instantly gushing over how good it is, "You're amazing, Sanji."

"Thank you, my darling," he smiles as he continues to pass out bowls.

"This stew is delicious!" Luffy blurts out as he swallows a giant spoonful.

"You ate a whole grilled sky shark earlier," Zoro shakes his head.

"That was just a snack to get me to this," he chuckles.

"Is everyone ready?" Nami asks. "Okay, so, a review of Noland's picture book reveals that El Dorado was discovered by him four hundred years ago."

"The Skypiea lunch is really good too," Luffy sneaks his leg under one of mine, shoving some box lunch into my mouth.

"Several years later, he returns to Jaya to not a single trace of the gold. In other words, during his time away, this island, a fragment of Jaya, was sent into the sky."

"By the Knock Up Stream? Chopper asks as he walks to his seat with a bowl of soup.

"That's the only explanation that makes sense. Cricket said the location of the explosion differs each time, so an explosion like that would send an island flying."

"It is hard to believe that this huge forest is the same one we saw on Jaya," Zoro say.

"That is likely due to the difference in Sea Clouds and Island Clouds," Robin explains. It seems that there's something about the environment here that has the power to rapidly speed up fauna and flora growth. That explains why remains of Jayan civilization were swallowed up by the forest."

"That makes sense," I nod, holding my bowl out of Luffy's reach as he's finished his soup. "What about the South Birds? I remember Chopper mentioned them earlier."

"Yes!" Chopper holds his arms out. "The South Birds were huge!"

"Why did the South Birds save you guys anyways?" Sanji asks.

"Probably related to everyone calling the Sky Knight Kami."

"Kami!" Luffy exclaims, making Zoro and I jump.

"Hold on, that doesn't make sense," I shake my head. "It is the Kami Eneru, not the Kami Gan Fall. Are you saying the new Kami took power from the old man?"

"So we need to beat up that old man!?" Luffy points back at Gan Fall being watched over my Pierre.

"No, you idiot!" Usopp snaps.

"Anyway," Nami sighs, "think back to what was written in Noland's log about El Dorado."

"I know!" Luffy raises his hand like we're in school. "It was full of gold!"

I chuckle, "That's obvious. El Dorado means gilded one, which refers to gold."

"He also mentioned gold ingots shaped like a bell and south birds," Sanji adds as Luffy starts digging into his bento box.

"On the last page was scrawled a seemingly nonsensical sentence that Noland supposedly wrote before he died," Robin says. "I saw gold in the skull's right eye."