24: The League of Villains

After leaving Tamaki to fight three yakuza members on his own, we scattered down the hallway. We were still determined to find Eri.

"Oh man...Amajiki...I'm really worried about him." Kirishima said while they were running.

I looked back at Kirishima. "He'll be fine, I promise you." I gave him a warm smile, then turned back ahead.

The truth was...I was even more worried than Kirishima was. Sure, I knew Tamaki could handle it, but for how long? Even if he is tough, that doesn't mean I still can't be worried.

"Listen!" Fatgum suddenly shouted. "You've left a comrade to guard your back, and if you're a real man, you'll trust him!"

"Yeah! He'll handle it, no problem!" Kirishima pumped his fist, his mood suddenly changing.

"It doesn't take much to change your mind, does it?" Midoriya asked.

I snickered and said, "Guess not."

"That's right! All we can do is have faith in him. We can't waste a second of the time Suneater bought us." Fatgum said.

"Alright! Let's go!!" Kirishima shouted, stopping. Rock-Lock gave him a weird look.

I flew up behind Kirishima and started pushing him. "Let's move along Kirishima. We can't waste any more time."

He resumed running. "Right! Sorry!"

"Strange. The guy who was manipulating the building has eased off for some reason." Aizawa pointed out. I flew up next to him.

"Why do you think he's doing that? They wouldn't just stop, would they?" I asked.

"Not sure." He answered me. "Who knows what's going on in their heads." He started looking around the place as we moved.

"I'd expect him to throw as many obstacles in our way to trip us up. If not, that must mean his awareness and reach can't extend through the entire place. There's also the police squad up above. It's possible he decided to focus all his attention on them instead."

"So there's a limit to how much of the building he can keep tabs on?" Rock-Lock asked.

"Correct! He IS human, just like the rest of us. Even if he did use a drug to boost his power, drugs are still manmade objects." I told him. "It's very possible that he also doesn't know our location. If he did, he'd be acting and moving."

"That's all just a theory." Aizawa said. "I also believe he may be going throughout the walls, watching everything happen. He hasn't shown up here yet. If he pokes as much as an ear or an eye out, he's done."

"Because you just need to see him." I finished. We ran down the hall some more.

Suddenly, out of nowhere, a hand started to come for Eraser and I. I quickly got out of the way, but I forgot about Aizawa. He got hit.

"Aizawa! No!" I yelled, going after him.

I had almost grabbed him, but Fatgum had pushed him out of the way.

I quickly acted and flew over and caught Aizawa before he could hit the ground.

When I looked back, I saw that Fatgum had taken the hit instead of Aizawa.

I looked over at Aizawa. "Are you okay? Hurt at all?"

"Just fine." He said, not keeping eyes off of Fatgum.

"Be careful, Fat!"

Fatgum had fell into the hole in the wall that was created, and he was gone.

I helped Aizawa stand, and then looked around.