19: Sir Nighteye

Days went on like normal.

A reporter came and visited Class 1-A to take some pictures, but I really didn't think much of it. He didn't take any pictures of me or Aizawa, which we were okay with.

On that same day, All Might asked me to help him out with Midoriya's One For All training. He wants to train him more starting tomorrow, so I'll be helping out with this as much as I can.

After one of my classes, I headed to the faculty office. That's where I heard Midoriya and All Might talking about a certain person.

That someone...was Sir Nighteye. All Might's former sidekick.

The faculty meeting yesterday agreed that we will let the first years do work studies, as long as they have a good track record.

It sounded like Midoriya wants to do his work study with Sir Nighteye, but All Might sounds reluctant to talk to him about it.

I walked into the room. "I think it's a great idea, All Might." I told him. "Sir Nighteye has a great track record, and he can help train Midoriya and help him with his shoot style."

"Yeah, but..." All Might paused. It seemed like he didn't know what to say.

Finally, All Might looked at Midoriya. "Look. I appreciate your passion, but I can't introduce you."

Midoriya looked confused. "But...why?"

"I could do it! I've worked with Sir Nighteye a couple of times. If you can't, I sure can!" I told All Might.

"You could...but I had someone else in mind as well." All Might turned to his computer.

(Time skip)

All Might had just send a message over the intercom for Mirio to come speak with us. It wasn't until after he did so when I realized why.

Mirio's work study is at the Nighteye agency. If anyone can introduce Midoriya to Sir Nighteye, that's Mirio.

We all sat in the Counseling room, and once Mirio came in, he started talking right away.

"You are here! And so are you, Val! Wow, I can't believe it!" Mirio exclaimed. "I couldn't help myself, All Might! I just got super excited you wanted to talk to me!"

"Um...I don't really understand what's going on right now..." Midoriya said.

"And I don't know why I'm here. That makes two of us, huh?" I shrugged my shoulders.

All Might leaned in. "You're only here because I won't be able to explain things to Togata without going insane. And maybe help out with an excuse in case Togata tries to ask Young Midoriya about why he wants to go to his agency." He whispered to me.

I nodded my head. I kinda got it...I think.

"Young Midoriya. You've met Togata, correct? He's currently doing his work study at Nighteye's agency." All Might told him. Midoriya's eyes widened in surprise.

"In fact, when Mirio graduates, he's set to become a sidekick there! Isn't that right?" I pointed to Mirio, who grinned and nodded.

Midoriya looked at Mirio in surprise. "Woah, seriously?! That's so cool!" He exclaimed.

"Yup! I've been working alongside him for a full year now!" Mirio punched the air with his fist.

"Alright, I'm going to get straight to the point here." All Might said with a serious look on his face. "Tell me, Togata. Do you think this first year has what it takes to work alongside you at the agency?"

"Oh, now I hear ya!" Mirio put a fist in his hand. "That's what you called me in here to talk about, huh?" He suddenly scooched closer to Midoriya, putting an arm around him.