6: I-Island

The final exams were great. Majority of the class passed. Those who didn't were still allowed to go to the summer training camp, according to Mr. Aizawa.

Oh! I forgot to mention! The summer training camp. It's a camp where UA students go and work on their skills and their quirks. It's a real grind.

Since UA let out for the semester, I decided to go to an island that I was invited to. I-Island. Just about every pro was invited to this island. Aizawa was invited too, but he decided not to come.

I roamed around the island. There wasn't much I was able to do, so I decided to take a look at a battle competition on the island. That's when I saw them.

"Midoriya!" I smiled and waved as I ran up to him and a few other classmates.

"Hey Valerie! What are you doing here on I-Island?" Midoriya asked.

"I was invited!" I suddenly noticed that a gorgeous blonde girl was standing next to Midoriya. I immediately went up to her.

"Wow, Midoriya! I didn't know you had such a beautiful girlfriend! I'm Valerie, nice to meet you!" I introduced myself.

Midoriya looked at me, his face completely red. The girl's face was a little pink, and Ochako looked like she wanted to murder me.

"Um, Valerie? S-She's not my..." Midoriya looked really embarrassed. I finally caught on.

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make things awkward! I totally get what it's like!" I waved my hands back and forth at the both of them.

"You do? How so?" Yaoyarozu asked.

I scratched the back of my head. "When Aizawa and I are walking through the halls together, some second years have asked us if we're dating or married or something like that. It's disgusting that they'd even think that. I'm a minor, for goodness sake."

"Anyway, what's your name?" I asked the girl again.

"Oh! I'm Melissa. I'm just a friend of Deku's." She said.

Suddenly, there was an explosion behind us. When I looked over, I saw Bakugo in the middle of the course!

"This guy has done it! A record of 15 seconds!" The girl announcer squealed.

"15 seconds? Psh, that's nothing. You'd have to be incredibly slow to get a time like that." I waved it off.

Kirishima pointed towards us from the course. "Hey, isn't that Midoriya in the stands?" He said.

Bakugo looked angry, and blasted up into the stands.

"What are you doing here, Deku?!" He shouted.

"Why's he so angry?" Melissa asked me.

"That's just how he is." I snickered a little.

"I heard that!" Bakugo yelled at me. "What are you doing here anyway, Valerie?! I didn't wanna see my teachers during my vacation! Is Aizawa here too?!"

"Woah, chill out Bakugo. I'm just here as a pro. Aizawa's back in Japan." I put up my hands in my defense.

Suddenly, from behind us, we heard a high-pitched squeal.

When I looked over at the course, I saw a giant wall of ice there.

No way...he's here too? I thought.

"14 seconds! This gentleman has jumped to the to the top of the pack!" The announcer squealed.

"14 seconds? There's no way that's the record. You've gotta be kidding me." I laughed.