18: The Big Three

As they all walked in, Aizawa talked about their purpose for being here.

"I suggest you listen carefully as they point out as work studies differ from interships." He said.

"These three are third years at UA. They rank at the very top of our student body. You may know them as...the Big Three."

There was a stunned silence in the room, until I broke it by peeking out from behind the tallest blonde guy.

"They also happen to be my best friends from when I was a freshman!" I grinned. "Make sure to greet them well!"

"Val!" Two of the most energetic members of the Big Three, Mirio Togata and Nejire Hado, looked really happy to see me.

"How are you?" I hugged them both. "It's really nice to see you again!"

"We've been great!" Mirio said.

"How come you had to get ahead of us?" Nejire pouted. "I wanted to graduate together!"

"Sorry about that!" I grinned, scratching the back of my head. Then, I walked up to my favorite and the member I'm closest with, Tamaki Amajiki.

"Hey Tamaki." I said, smiling and waving.

"Oh, hey. Thank goodness you're here." Tamaki gave me a quick hug, then bended down and leaned into my ear.

"I don't think I can speak in front of all these first years..." He whispered.

"You'll do fine!" I told him. "Trust me."

"Val, don't forget why they're here." Aizawa rolled his eyes. "Introduce yourselves briefly. Let's start with Amajiki."

Tamaki gave me a terrified look then the same one to the class. The class shook up. They thought he was giving them an intense glare, but that wasn't it at all.

Suddenly, Tamaki started to shake with fear. "You two go...I just can't." He told Mirio and Nejire.

"Even if I try to imagine them as potatoes...I can see their human bodies. I know that they're still people. No words are coming out...my mind's blank...and my mouth is dry..."

The students seemed confused by Tamaki, who was still freaking out.

"Um...Tamaki? Are you okay?" I looked at him.

"I can't say anything...I wanna..." He turned to hide his face against the wall.

"...go home."

Class 1-A seemed shocked by Tamaki's words. I patted his shoulder to try and comfort him.

"Hey, hey! Tamaki! I'm sorry, we probably shouldn't have made you do something you'd obviously feel uncomfortable with!" I said, worried for him.

Tamaki has really bad anxiety and almost no-self esteem, so things like this happen quite often. I should've talked things over with Aizawa...

"Okay...So, um...are you really one of UA's top heroes?" Ojiro asked.

"Ojiro! Of course he is! Don't say that!" I told him. "He may not be as energetic as the other two, but he's strong! Trust me!" That shut him up right up.

Nejire giggled. "C'mon, Amajiki! You need to have the heart of a lion, not a kitten!" She said. "You know, even though you're human. Get what I mean?"

She turned to the class and gestured to Tamaki. "This is our kitten, Tamaki Amajiki." She then gestured to herself. "And hi! My name is Nejire Hado. I'm supposed to talk about work studies. You first years have a really exciting time ahead of you!"

She suddenly blinked. "Hey, wait. Hold on..." She then went up to Shoji. "Why are you wearing a mask? Is is cause you're feeling sick? Or just...trying to look cool?" She got closer to him with every question.