2: My Training Partner

Many days went by, and Class 1-A had many lessons. They were supposed to train at a place called the USJ, but it was overrun by villains, in which Aizawa had to fight. After the whole thing, he was left badly injured, meaning I was now in charge of Class 1-A.

I walked in the classroom, smiling and waving at the students. They all had confused looks on their faces.

"Ms. Valerie!" Tenya Iida raised his hand. He was now our Class Representative. "Where is Mr. Aizawa?"

"Good morning Iida, and please, just call me Valerie." I said, stepping up to the podium. "He's still in recovery, but he'll be better soon. Trust me."

"With that, we have more important things to discuss. Things like the UA Sports Festival."

Everyone cheered.

"Hell yeah! Let's go kick some ass!" Ejiro Kirishima yelled.

Denki Kaminari pushed his face to shut him up. "Wait, will this even be safe?"

"Yeah, why would they still have the Sports Festival after what happened at the USJ?" Jirou asked.

"To be totally honest, I'm not sure myself. Maybe it's because only Class 1-A was affected by the USJ attack, but I really don't know. Either way, I hope you're all excited."

(Time skip)

It was the end of the day. I was so ready to finally be done with school, but I still had papers to grade. With a heavy heart, I made my way to the teacher's lounge.

That's when I was stopped.

"Valerie, please wait." Someone called for me.

I turned around, seeing Shoto Todoroki walking towards me.

"Hey Shoto!" I smiled, then immediately changed expressions. "Is it okay if I call you that? I know that most people call you Todoroki and-"

"It's fine, I really don't care." He scratched the back of his neck. "I have a favor to ask of you."

"Of course! What is it?" I asked curiously.

"Would you...help me train?" He asked. "You know, for the Sports Festival."

I stared at him blankly for a minute. I didn't know what to say. One of the quietest, yet most powerful students in Class 1-A wants ME to help him train?

"I...sure! But why me?" I asked.

"Because you're powerful. I've seen you on the news when you've fought before. You're a powerhouse. Having someone like you to help me train would be really beneficial." Todoroki looked at me with slightly pleading eyes.

I sighed, and looked back at his eyes. "Sure. But, you have to promise me one thing."

"What's that?"

"That you'll win." I smirked.

(Time skip)

(Setting: Beach)

Todoroki and I have been training hard for the Sports Festival. We've been training down to combat, quirks, speed, even powering up his ice moves. We did that by attacking each other with our ice.

Right now, the two of us were taking a break. We were leaning on a railing that looked out to the beach while sipping our water that we brought.

I was wearing a hoodie with a sports bra underneath and leggings. I also had tennis shoes on.

Todoroki was wearing a muscle shirt that really showed off his arms, and he was wearing joggers and tennis shoes.

"Is this what you do to train?" Todoroki asked. We had just started our break and he was out of breath. He was leaning against the railing, back facing it and his elbows against it.