Ninteen

Nineteen

“Tell us everything and spare no detail.” Jade instructed before I could settle my things down on the table in front of them.

I shook my head in disbelief as I sat down between Paige and Jade in the living room. I eyed the muted television in front of me and grinned at the show that was on. It was a rerun of ‘friends’.

“So… What happened? Spill. We have all night to get it out of you.” Jade threatened when I remind silent.

I sighed in defeat, feeling a little irritated with her nagging. “Can you at least give me a few moments to catch my breath?”

“You already have. Now, tell us.”

I glance at Paige on my other side, curious at her lack of words. She was staring at me, waiting patiently as she always does. She gave me an assuring smile as she nudged my arm. I shook my head at her expression, and let out another frustrated sigh.

I told them everything from the lunch I had with my parents until a few minutes ago when Robert drove me back to my apartment. Jade kept on interrupting me every now and then which made took us almost the rest of the night to finish.

“How about we talk about it some other time? I have work tomorrow, so do you.” I suggested after interrupting Jade from asking me another question about the date.

She was adamant on finding out why was Hugh there. I couldn’t tell her about it than what I already know. And, in truth, I’m as confused as her on that matter. Why was Hugh there?  

“Maybe he was worried about your date…”Paige suggested as we contemplated on that thought.

Jade and I turned towards her in surprise. “Worried? Why would he care enough to worry about such trivial things?” I asked in disbelief.

“Maybe he still has…” Paige started but trailed off as I head up a hand.

“If that is true, then the tides have turned.” Jade pointed out with a smug smile.

“No. Things haven’t changed between us. And, everything remained the way it is. Can we talk about something else? Like Robert?” I suggested with a groan.

“Robert is a given. The guy has a thing for you, hands down.” Jade snorted. “But, Eric is being problematic.” She added grimly.

“Why don’t you like Eric?” I asked, curious about her indifference towards him. From how Eric and I met, he didn’t seem to give off all those bad vibes that Jade had told me.

“I just don’t like that guy. But, my opinion doesn’t matter since you seemed to like him.” She replied as she pursed her lips in disinterest.

I shook my head at her childish reaction and stood up from the couch, ending tonight conversation. “I’m tired. If you don’t want to sleep in the couch for the rest of the night, I suggested that you head out to the guest rooms.” I stated as I slowly retreated towards my room.