Two

A/N: New character pictures on the side. Meet the two best friends. On the left is Paige, and on the right is Jade.

----

Two

"So, what is this emergency about?" Jade asked before she reached a foot from our table.

"Would you seat down first and not shout?" I hissed in annoyance as she sat down comfortably, placing her white Fendi purse on the empty chair beside her.

"Paige is seating there. We'll start when she is here." I stated as she signaled for the waiter.

As she told the waiter her order, I let out a sigh of relief as I watched Paige ghosted her way back to our table.

I called them after I left the hotel to meet at our favorite restaurant. These two are what I mentally call my support group, and introduce to strangers as my evil girlfriends, who I personally call my best friends.

Paige and I have been friends since middle school when I moved here from Europe. She is British. We've become friends since I was the only person that was brave enough to talk to the new girl who talks weird. And, as for my other friend, Jade, we met in college. She was my roommate since Paige and I were unlucky to get rooms together. It was instantaneous when we became friends, and I introduce Paige to her, which is a given.

Between the two, differentiating them is easy. Paige is someone who has innocent face and very timid way of speaking. The angelic side of that friendship. Plus, her petite frame and pixie hair cut just make it more convincing. I always felt the need to protect her from all those vicious wolves in this jungle-like modern world. But, in truth, she helped me more that I help her.

As for Jade, she is the complete opposite of Paige. Her raven hair and creamy white skin, plus the way she walks like the ground is made out of carpet that was rolled out for her, she has a different point of view on how the world works. But, I can't ever say that she is 'the incarnation of evil', only when she gets really mad and bitchy.

"So, why are we here in the middle of the day?" Jade asked after Paige sat down on her seat.

"Are you in trouble, Mitch?" Paige added as she took a small sip from her drink.

I glance between my two best friends wearily. "Yes, I think I can describe this as trouble, and to answer your question Jade, I'm here because I need both your help."

"Did you finally have a one night stand?" Jade gasped in shock, her tone teasing.

I turned toward her sternly, a little annoyed at the comment. "No. You know I don't do that... This is something more permanent – well, depends if we can get along or not..." I mumbled dejectedly and sighed.

"Then cut the suspense and get to your point, Mitch." Jade said, rolling her eyes in exasperation.

With another defeated sigh, I lightly slammed the envelope on the table and eyed it with distaste. "My family had turned against me. We met today and well... I just found out some lame family tradition that requires me married before taking over the company..." I explained wearily, all my energy is draining as I think back to what happened.

"What do you mean married? Are these...?" Jade asked in confusion, and then realization hit her as she grabbed the envelope off the table.

"Your parent's aren't that serious, Mitch. They might be bluffing. It's known that your dad bluffs a lot." Paige caresses my arm in comfort as I covered my face with both of my hands.

"Or, maybe they aren't... These guys are real. I know this one, and this one... And, all I can say, you won't be disappointed with them when it comes to performance." Jade interjected with a sly smirk as she placed the photos on the table.