Thirteen

A/N: Hey fellas! Sorry for the late update. I was too tired yesterday. :D

Anyways, I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Something.. or rather, someone is about the change this game of husband finding. 

Don't be shy and comment. A vote is always appreacited!

Happy reading and Have an awesome week!

_______________________________________________

Thirteen

When I got home that night, I called my parents and told them that I wouldn’t be joining them for dinner; but I was glad to accompany them for lunch the next day. My mother was disappointed though pleased to know that I’m willing to see her again. My father wasn’t angry with me, but he was disappointed to know that I refused him. He will be getting a lot of rejections with the position he had handed to me.

After I made the call, I returned to the living room with a stern face. I stopped on my tracks as I eyed the person seating on my sofa. He looked amused as his eyes landed in my direction.

“Are you done calling your parents?” Hugh asked with a smirk.

“Yes. So, where are we going tonight again? I don’t really want to regret ever agreeing on ditching them for you. It isn’t in my standards.” I replied grimly and walked towards him as I sat down on the single couch beside him.

“Well, before you can go anywhere, I need to set things straight. What kind of men are you looking for?” He countered, dodging my question.

I raised an eyebrow at him in question. “You know what kind I like.” I replied sarcastically and snorted. “Can we skip this? You can tell me who these men you’ll be setting me up with and we can spare me some time with the assholes.” I added seriously.

“No. I need to know what are your preferences. And, I don’t know what kind of man you liked. If you were referring to me, then it would take forever to find someone opposite from me. Those kind are either married or in a relationship.” He teased with a grin.

“Don’t mock me, Burns. I’m not really in the mood right now.” I warned coolly and massage my forehead with my right hand. “Why did I agree to this again? Oh, right. I was stupid enough to get sucked in with his wonderful offer.” I mumbled sarcastically to myself.

“Don’t be a downer, Mitch. I’m a man of my word. I will help you if you just help yourself and tell me. It’s not that hard to give me a list of qualities. And if you can’t start, here… I have one.” He stated and paused as he thinks for a second. “How about a man who don’t get you easily pissed?” He offered with a smile.

I sighed in frustration and stood up from my seat. “Okay, I agree with you. All the qualities in a man I want are either married or in a relationship. And, I’m no home wrecker, so I’m doom as of the moment.” I stated in defeat.

“Wait, Mitch. Don’t think that this is the end yet.” Hugh said encouragingly. “Well, since you can’t think of anything, we can’t waste time and just think. Let’s just go to that party and maybe someone will catch your attention.” He stated as he stood him with a grunt. “Let’s go.”