Epilogue

I'll just put that Hugh photo to give you an idea of what he looked in the occasion.

Enjoy!

______________________

From now, it was a hundred days since the talk I had with my family at the hotel function room. A lot had happened within those three months that I couldn't possibly think might have happen to me within a year. I've stopped searching half way through since I had started dating someone. A person I wouldn't guess if you've asked me two years ago. But now that same man was waiting for me downstairs while I finished changing into my dress.

"Paige, I think this scarlet stiletto would go well with the dress," Jade insisted for the third time behind me while I sat still as my hair and make-up team finish their work.

"The dress is white, Jade. I think she should just go with an all white ensemble," Paige retorted again as she placed a white pumps with black ankle strap shoe beside the garment bag.

"Would you to stop it, please? I need the peace while I get ready," I scolded as I finally interrupted their banter. "I will wear the white shoes. You can choose which earring I will wear instead, Jade."

There was a short silence between me before Jade grumbled in protest. And then, her mood was gone as she went to my jewelry box to find me a pair of earring to wear. I tuned in back again as I patiently sat. The girls took almost a week after I told them about Hugh to accept the fact of my relationship with him. Paige was more accepting but Jade was still doubtful towards Hugh's intention.

When I was done with my hair and make-up, the team exited the room to allow me to dress. Paige stayed with me, as usual, and helped me put on the dress. Jade stayed with us as she waited for me to wear the chandelier earring she picked. I wanted to disagree on her choice but held my tongue as she glared at him in warning. She was still using my fall out of telling her about Hugh as an excuse to make me do what she liked. It might take awhile for that effect wears off.

After putting on the lace dress that fitted my body like a second skin, I put on the earring. I was glad that my hair was up in a soft crown. It would be too much if I wore the earring with my hair down in a natural messy curl. When I placed most of my outfit one, I placed the shoe and the floor and put it on. Paige helped me tie the ankle strap while I balanced myself on the thin heels.

"You look fantastic, Mitch," Jade gushed as she stepped away to give me a head to toe assessment.

"I totally agree. I think we did a good job picking this dress," Paige nodded in agreement as she took a step away from me.

I stood in slightly flushed in front of my two best friends. "Would you stop it already? You two are making me nervous," I waved my hand in dismissal as I walked towards the door.

"My prediction for tonight would be Hugh couldn't get his hands off you and get laid, which is in that order," Jade teased lightly as they both followed me out.

"Oh! Hugh would be in a daze for the rest of the night," Paige seconded Jade's words dreamily.

I snorted and rolled my eyes in response. I briefly thanked the hair and make-up team before turning back around towards my friends. "Okay, you two stop with the bets on how Hugh will react. Please go down stairs and text me if I should head out or not."

"Right, got it," Paige replied curtly as she grabbed Jade's arm and dragged her out of the suite.

"Wait! My clutch!" Jade protested as she ran back in the bedroom.

After the girl exited the room at the same my hair and make-up team left, I was finally alone in the suite. I glanced around the living room and decided to seat down while I wait for the go sign. There was an eerie silence before my phone vibrated on my diamond-studded purse. The bag felt a bit too much but my mother insisted that I use it for tonight. I got the phone out of my bag and check that the message was from. A smile tugged at the end of my lips as I opened the message.