Twenty Six

I talked about the charity event last night and my run in with two of the man I'm currently dating. Hugh was very quiet most of the night, keeping his word about listening to me. He rarely gave out his opinion and allowed me to vent out all of my thoughts. As the night fast approached to dawn, my eyelids fluttered to a close after I yawned. And like a switch, my exhaustion caught up and sleep took over.

I felt a little stiff and caged when I was woken up by a faint beeping sound coming from outside the room. I groaned and slowly moved my arms, stretching them away from me. I wasn't playing attention around me to notice a figure lying dead on my side. My stretched hand roughly came in contact with a face, which reacted quickly with a loud hiss.

"You don't have to hit me to wake me up, Mitch." Hugh grumbled, making me somber quickly.

"What the hell? Why are you sleeping in my bed?" I countered aloud as I moved away from him, grabbing the bed sheet that was covered over us. I didn't remembered pulling it out underneath us last night.

"I don't want to sleep in the couch and give myself a bad back. Your bed is big enough for two. And if you are that concerned, I didn't touch you at all. Well except when I had to put the blanket over you and dress you in..." he trailed off as I gasped and glanced at the clothes I'm in.

I kicked his leg when I found myself still in my dress from last night. "That wasn't funny," I grumbled under my breath.

"But your expression was priceless," he remarked as his body shook from his laughter.

I grimaced at his words and slid out under the cover as I sat at the edge of the bed. "I will see who would get the last laugh if I told your dad about your misdemeanor since you were under my care," I threatened smoothly, stopping him mid-laugh.

I hide my amusement at his lack of response as I walked towards the bathroom to shower. Before I closed the door behind me, Hugh called, "Ha! You got me there, Newman."

I chuckled as I closed the door and headed towards the shower. After a half an hour in the bathroom, I finally realized that I've forgotten to bring a change of clothes with me. I huffed out a frustrated breath and securely tied the bathrobe on me. I looked at my reflected on the fogged up mirror before going back inside the bedroom. I hesitantly turned the door knock and took a small peak out of the room.

"Hugh!" I called cautiously, trying to see if he was still in bed.

There was a definite silence that answered me. I called again to make sure he heard me, but there was no answer. Confident enough that he was gone, I quickly walked out towards the suitcase placed beside the drawer across the room. I was on my toes as I ran to get my clothes. When I was half way towards it, the door to the room suddenly opened, halting me on spot. I gasped as I blinked a couple of times while staring at Hugh's startled expression.

"What are you...?" he stared but trailed off as his eyes glazed down the bathrobe I was wearing.

I watched as his face slowly flushed, which snapped me out of my stunted state. "Get out!" I yelled, getting him out of his trance.

"Shit! Sorry!" Hugh quickly apologized and closed the door.

"What do you want?" I called out as I regained my composure.

"I was just going to get my phone that I left on the bed," he replied, his voice muffled by the door between us.

"Wait! Let me change first," I said as I continued walking towards my suitcase and dragging and lifting it up as I placed it on the bed.

I pulled out my undergarment and hastily put in on first before picking out clothes to wear today. When I was safely clothed in a laced pair of black underwear, I pursed my lips while I studied the three casual dresses I laid out on top of the suitcase. One dress was a light blue with white color and sleeves stretching until the elbow. The other one was beige and strapless, which made me discarded it all together. So I turned to the last dress, which was a white lace dress up to mid-tight with sleeve covered below the elbow and a high neckline.