Six

A/N: Hey fellas! I decided to update early. For those who knows I'm from the Philippines, yes Pinoy po ako, there is a typhoon coming our way. My local province is affected, and the propability of getting hit is high. Please help me pray for the safety of my country and fellow countrymen. Thank you.

Also, Thank you for the support and the love the story is getting. I apprecite it so much. 

I shall update the next chapter by next week.

Have an awesome day and take care always everyone. 

Happy reading!

P.S. Hugh Burns on the side. ;)

----

Six

When we got the subdivision where the Burns Mansion lived, the traffic started to thicken. I wasn’t aware where these vehicles are headed until Jade said something.

“I can’t believe this party had already spread throughout all the A-listers in the country.” Jade hissed in annoyance.

“All this cars are going to the party?” I asked in disbelief.

“Obviously.”

It took us a whole half an hour to get to the front of the house. And, as we got out of the car, cameras feverishly flashed in our direction. I freeze up for a second as I eyed the paparazzi lining up in front of the door. Is this really an anniversary party or a press conference?

After a few requested photos that were asked for us by a woman in a navy suit – my bet she is the event coordinator -, we were ushered inside the house and directed to the main room. I couldn’t help but watched in wide eyes the amount of people that were in invited to the event. And, Jade was right. Everyone that I should consider dating in this circle is here tonight.

“Hold on your panties tightly girls, this night is about to get wild.” Jade whispered to Paige and me as she putted her arms around our shoulder.

“I think I have to find a corner.” Paige stated in a whimper. “This is not my crowd.”

“Tell me about it.” I second her statement as I continued to study the crowd.

“Don’t be a party pooper. You need to get yourself out there, Mitch. Mister right might be one of them.” Jade countered grimly as she ignored our sour mood.

“I’ve met these people. I even grew up with some of them. And, from what I’ve seen these past year, no one is a husband material.” I remarked sternly, letting out a heavy sigh.

“You don’t know that. The last time you’ve mingled with this crowd was two years ago…” Jade replied with a smirk.

“Don’t remind me.” I mumbled deadly, stepping away from her. “Let’s go hit the bar first. I need a drink if I’m really doing this.”

Thirty minutes had already passed and I was still sitting by the bar, drinking my second round of vodka cran. I let out another heavy sigh after I chugged down my drink and putted down the empty glass. I think around three is about the start.