Four

A/N: Hey fellas! Sorry for the late update. I've been busy with my grandmother's birthday.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter. I will be updating by the weekend.

Have an awesome week and happy reading!

P.S. Thank you and welcome new readers!

-----

Four

After I could no longer see Hugh's retreating back, I turned around the bar counter looking for the bartender to ask him for my drink. But, I didn't need to. He was already behind me with a slight stunned expression and my drink in his hands.

“Good, you're here. I really need that now.” I stated sternly, tapping my hands on the counter to tell him to place it right in front of me.

He gave me a bleak smile then placed my drink down. I didn't wait a second and grabbed it as soon as he let it go, drowning it down like it's a shot. After gulping down the last drop, I placed it back in front of me and wiped my mouth with the back of my hands. I looked up towards the bartender, who was still standing in front of me with the same expression.

“Get me something stronger.” I ordered almost angrily, snapping him out from his stunned state.

He gave me a brief nod before hurrying away to get my drink. I think I've scared him away. But, I didn't dwell on it as my phone started vibrating with an incoming call. Jade's name was flashing on my screen. I picked it up in annoyance and place the phone by my right ear.

“What?” I asked after clicking the answer button.

“Where the heck are you? What the hell Mitch? You can't just disappear on us like that! For goodness sake...” She started cursing and yelling in reply. So, I got the phone away from my ear. Her words were cut short from that as I decided to end the call.

Jade thinks that I didn't get the message, so she called back after a few seconds. And, this time, since I already know what she wanted to say, I didn't answer it. She continued to call me twice before my second drink came. After I drown that one and asked for another glass, Jade stopped calling. For a whole minute, my phone and the bar became silent. Then, the moment was lost as someone threw something behind me.

“What the hell!” I jumped out of the stool chair I was seating and turned around at the direction of where I was hit.

I glance down at the floor first, seeing that it was a familiar black clutch that was thrown at me. I can't believe someone threw a purse at me. And, as I look up to the culprit, my doubts ceased.

“So, this is where you've been! We have been looking everywhere for you!” Jade shouted in rage, not really caring about the five people in the room that was there for the silence.

“Is it really necessary to throw a purse at me?” I asked in irritation.

“If I hadn't, you wouldn't understand the gravity of how pissed I am right now!” She replied in the same volume, her voice ringing in the room.

“Would you calm down, please? You found me already... Sheesh...” I eyed her in disbelief before turning back around, grabbing back my fourth drink.

“Paige is up at the suite looking for you.” She informed as I heard her heels clacking towards me. “How many did you drink? You have left the party more than an hour already.” She asked as she sat down on the stool beside me.

“I just got here.” I replied briefly, looking away from her as I took another gulp from my drink.

“How many rounds is this?” She asked, but from the tone of her voice, she wasn't anymore talking to me.