Seven

A/N: Hello everyone! How was your week? My was just tragic... but, since I'm able to update, I'm doing well than expected... hehehe...

Anyways, I hope you've enjoyed the story so far, and this chapter is going to give a spark that would start a whole new set of problems for dear Mitch. *cue evil laugh*

So, enjoy and happy reading! Have an awesome day!

----

Seven

The silent drive to the company’s main office building made me think of the new position I have starting today. I got my phone and contacted my secretary, Fran. At first few rings, there wasn’t an answer. Then, an operator directly my call to my father’s office, this confused me a little.

“Good Morning, this is Ms. Newman’s office, how may I help you?” The other end of the line was a familiar voice, but it wasn’t my secretary.

“Where is Fran?” I asked, getting straight to the point.

“Ms. Newman?” The voice slightly became airy, like the person was speaking to the phone at a distance. “I’m sorry, Ms. Newman. Miss Fran is not here. If you like, I can direct the call to your old office. Your father told us to direct all calls here in your new office.” She added after a short pause.

“Thank you. And, whom am I speaking right now?” I asked sternly, feeling annoyed that my father is still running the place even though he said I would be acting as boss starting today.

“I’m Hana. I work at the president’s floor reception desk. I’m currently sitting in until your secretary reports today.” She replied softly.

“What do you mean my secretary? I thought Fran still have that position.” I asked a little flustered by this new information.

“Ah… Wait a moment, Ms. Newman…” Hana replied shyly, her voice becomes distant again.

“Hello, Michelle? This is Louise. I’ll explain everything when you get here at the office.” My father’s secretary suddenly spoke from the end of the phone.

“Oh. Are there more surprises from my father today?” I asked, not anymore hiding the annoyance from my tone.

“No. He isn’t done yet as it seems. I’ll see you when you get here.” She replied with a little chuckle.

“Okay. Thank you.” I ended the call before I loose my cool and asked the woman for some answers.

Louise had been my father’s secretary since before I was born. I couldn’t really treat the old man like another employee since she had some fair share of time taking care of me when I crash my father’s office at a young age. She has seen me grow up and might have heard many of my exploits as a teenager on my rebellious stage. She was like a family to me.

When Russell parked the car in front of the building, I quickly got out and asked him to go to my old office if Fran needs any help with taking my things up to my new office. I made my way through the lobby in quick strides and got into the elevator before it closed. As I reached the top floor, where my new office is located, I was greeted by an empty reception desk. From the call I got a few minutes ago, I knew where the attending receptionist was.