Eight

A/N: Hello! Sorry for the late update. I got carried away with writing something... *smiles secretly*

Thank you so much for those who have continue to read on this story. I hope this chapter would clear out a few things, but not too much. There are a few things at play with this story, and I can't wait to reveal each one of them to you all.

I hope you'll enjoy this chapter. Don't be a stranger and comment if you like. A vote is much appreciated.

Anyways, Have an awesome day and Happy reading!

----

Eight

“What were you thinking hiring him?” I asked urgently, hissing through the phone.

After Hugh exited my office, I picked up the phone on my desk and called the man responsible for my current misfortune.

“There wasn’t much thinking needed. His father asked me to have him intern at our company since he didn’t like him working for him yet…” he replied nonchalantly, unaffected by my outburst.

“Doesn’t that say something? Like, how bad is he as an employee or something? He came to work almost two hours late.” I countered, my voice raising an octave from my anger.

“He called me that he would be late today. And, I know Hugh isn’t some employee, Mitch. He graduated as one of the top in his class. That would be an asset for the company. We should be happy that he even considered to work as your secretary.”

“Wait… hold on a second. What do you mean he ‘considered’? He wanted to work here?” I asked in disbelief. This is news for me.

“I offered him the job, Mitch.” He replied.

“Why would you do that? I want him out now, dad.” I stated sternly.

“I can’t do that to him, Michelle. Be professional about this, and as the new president, you should learn to work with people you might hate.” He stood his ground.

“Oh, so, this is a test or something?” I asked as a new revelation came to me.

“I’m busy right now, and I know you are too. We can talk about this later. Just give him a chance, honey.” He urge softly.

I remained silent as I tried to reel in my anger. I can’t believe he expected me to accept it directly. He knew how much bad blood I have with Hugh, even if our family is close.

“Fine. But, the minute he does something unprofessional under my time…” I started in clinched teeth.

“I won’t stop you from doing what is right. But, you have to give him a chance.” He interjected.

“Okay. I’ll talk to you later.” I sighed in defeat as I massage my temple with my free hand.

“Good luck with work.” He said sincerely before ending the call.

After I placed the phone back down, I couldn’t help but place my head on the cool glass table in front of me. I don’t need luck to go through with this nonsense.

The phone suddenly rings, breaking me from my trail of thoughts. I sat straight on my chair before picking it up. “Hello?”

“Oh! I forgot to tell you about this… I’m sorry I was late this morning. Natasha was very persistent on keeping me in bed for most of the night, so I couldn’t catch my first flight. And, thank you for the good hotel accommodation. The Vegas staffs were very nice.” Hugh smugly said before ending the call.