Eleven

A/N: Hey everyone. I'm quite weary that this late updates is becoming a norm. Thank you for your patience, and for continuing the support the story. You all give me enough energy to keep me going throughout the day.

Comment. Vote. I gladly apprecite both. hehe. Enjoy this chapter. 

Have an awesome day and Happy reading.

__________________________________________________________

Eleven

Next morning, I expected the slight throbbing of my head from the drinks I’ve drank last night. But, I know I wasn’t drunk enough to be completely decapitated for the rest of the day. This wasn’t my first time that I drowned a bad night with alcohol.

When I decided that it was time to get up, I felt like going back in bed. I may have some tolerance in alcohol, but that doesn’t mean I can function like I’m sober. After a quick cold shower, I ghostly got out of my room towards the dinning room. As I reached the threshold of the big room, I didn’t expect to see anyone in there, especially him. What is he doing in my apartment?

“From the look on your face, I guessed you forgot that I crashed here for the night.” Hugh stated in greeting as he sat comfortably in my living room couch.

I continued to stare at him, still not processing the current situation. I blinked my eyes a couple of times before I could willingly open my mouth. “Who let you in?” I asked in disbelief, my voice sounded raspy since I just got up.

“You invited me in. And, I wouldn’t be surprised if you forgot. You were half dead when I brought you back here.” He chuckled in reply, looking amused at my expression.

I grimly eyed him for another second before walking towards the open counter of the kitchen on the further left side of the room, across from the living room. “I need to eat.” I grumbled in protest as I felt my stomach knot from hunger.

“Okay, because I’m famished as well.” Hugh agreed behind me as I heard him stood up from the couch.

I didn’t bother turned around to know if he followed me and concentrated on finding myself something to eat. I was tempted to call for Maria, but I didn’t need an audience here when Hugh started to annoy me. No doubt, he will start talking some nonsense where I will be pissed off in a few minutes.

“What are we eating this morning? Do you even know how to cook?” He asked as he settled down on one of the empty stool by the island counter.

I tired to ignore him as I walked towards the fridge to gather the ingredients for my meal. I grabbed two eggs and a plastic of unopened turkey bacon, balancing the two as I grabbed the bottle of orange juice.

“Do you need help with that?” He asked after a brief silence as I balanced the food while I closed the fridge with my foot.

I contemplated on asking for his help, but held my tongue when I’ve successfully closed the fridge. I mentally cheered on that achievement as I strut towards the counter near the stove. I quickly glance at Hugh’s direction, checking if he was still there while I got the utensils I needed for cooking. When our eyes met, the end of his lips turned up into a smirk. I pursed my lips at him in reply before I looked away, turning my attention back to cooking.