Twenty Seven

Hugh's Pic up top. *swoon*

Enjoy!

__________________________________

It wasn't a known fact that I used to have a crush on Jon Burns. But somehow his devious younger brother figured it out before his wedding. Back then, Hugh and I weren't enemy level in terms of our relationship. We have our differences and nothing more. I didn't how or when he figured it out. And on the day of Jon's wedding, Hugh had decided to inform me that he knew.

It was right before the ceremony began, when relatives and friends chatted until the coordinator signaled us to seat down a few minutes the bride walked the aisle. I was sitting on the left side, fourth row seat beside my mother and father. When I remembered it, I regretted the moment I chose to seat at the edge of the long bench.

I didn't notice the groom walking pass me towards the altar. I had an inclination that everyone who was associated with the wedding walked in the middle aisle. So I was surprised when I finally saw Jon walking up. I prepared myself to stand and congratulate him until a hand tapped on my shoulder. I turned around to see a smiling Hugh.

"You look bitter," he remarked coolly like he was complimenting me.

"What? I looked better, you say?" I pretended that I misheard his words.

"Don't be a poor sport, Mitch just because the man in our dreams got hitch."

I grasp in shock at his words. My eyes blinked rapidly. "What did you...?" I asked breathlessly.

"Oh you heard me. Don't be a poor sport just because the..."he replied but trailed off as I grabbed his arm and pulled him away from prying ears.

"I didn't ask you to repeat what you said. And, how the hell did you know about that?" I hissed silently as I continued walking towards the huge door, where the groomsmen and bridesmaid are waiting.

"Oh! That... sorry I slipped. I didn't mean to say it out loud." He finally replied when we reached outside the church as I let go of his arm and face him.

"How did you find out?" I asked in clinched teeth.

"It's written all over your face since forever," he replied nonchalantly like it was an obvious fact.

"And what give you an inclination that I liked him?"

"This. Your reaction right now, but I had my guess for a few years now," he replied smugly like I fell for his trap, which I did.

My mouth hanged wide open as I tried to find a witty comeback. But I've got nothing. I did have a crush on Jon in elementary school though it didn't last long. Yet sometimes, I always think what it would be like to be with him. I never took action on those feeling since I knew they weren't real. My feelings for him were centered on the fact that he was nice and treated be better than Hugh. In comparison to the two, it was likely for me to fall in love with Jon. But I was wrong.

I marched back without a reply to the church, leaving a smug Hugh behind. Throughout the ceremony, I tried to keep my eyes away from him. I was angry yet at the same time mesmerized by how he dressed. He was wearing a tux with a bowtie with his hair slicked back in a neat do. For the first time, he looked like a gentleman. It was rare to see him cleaned up. He liked his V-neck shirt and jeans, which was his primary casual style.

After the ceremony, it was easy to avoid him since the guest and the entourage was seated further away from each other. I thought I would bee seeing less of his face until he sat down on the empty chair beside me. I gasped in shock before finding the confidence to snap at him.