Five

A/N: Hello everyone! Thank you so much for those who've followed in this story. And, I'm very happy to see how the story is being received. Thank you for the votes and the reads. And, if you have any comments, please don't hesitate to post it up here.

Thank you again, and have an awesome day.

Happy reading!

----

Five

The drive to the villa was longer than I expected. The traffic was a little horrifying but I was able to get out of it without killing anyone. When I reached the small subdivision, I slowed down my speed just to take in the green scenery and the silent neighborhood. The houses around me had a good yard distance from each other, which wasn't unusual since everyone who lives in this neighborhood either is a retired rich businessman or a politician.

When I turned on the first pavement from the entrance, I was a good ten miles away already. I was in the middle of nothing but green grass and open field. After a short minutes drive, a small two story Victorian style house arose in front of me. And, as I got closer, a row of trees aligned side by side welcomed me. It was like I was entering a different lifetime.

Finally, I reached the house and parked my out of place car just in front of the front porch. Then, like on cue, the white wooden door opened as my grandfather stepped out. He was wearing his usual casual cotton white shirt and loose, denim shorts. The old man looked like he was made to be here, which was ironic from the life he used to live in the city before he gave the company to my father.

"Hey, granddad!" I greeted as I got out and clicked the locked button on my remote key.

"Hey, honey. What are you doing here? I though you were out on vacation." He greeted back as he meet me half way.

"I was, but it was cut short due to some change of plans." I replied bitterly as I remembered what happen last night.

"What's with the tone, young lady?" He asked, curiosity thick in his voice.

"I don't want to talk about it now. Maybe, later." I replied softly and sighed.

"Okay. Well... give me a hug and we can talk about it inside." He offered, opening his arms wide.

I pouted my lips as I seek for his comfort. I didn't hesitate as I hugged him back, allowing me to stay in his arms for a good long minute. After I let go, he gave me a small pat in the back and guided me inside the house.

He offered me something to drink after I've settled down on the living room couch. I lay down on the biggest sofa, feeling the sense of home. This is home for me anyways before I lived in my apartment now.

"I'll only have some water. I can't stay long." I replied in admission as I let out a sigh on my balled up position in the sofa.

My grandfather chuckled at my actions and nodded. "Well, make yourself at home and we'll get to the point on why you are here."

When he got out of the living room, I sat back up and gathered the pillows in the couch to make a small fortress around me. I kept still for a second until my grandfather returned with my glass of water.

"What's with the pillow fortress?" He asked with a chuckled as he place the glass down on the table between us.

"I wanted something to do while you get me my drink." I answered with a laugh, feeling a little carefree with my random actions.

He sat down on the dark brown, single couch on my right and popped up the footrest below from the lever on the side. "So, what do you want to talk about?" he asked after he was contented with his seating position.