Ten

A/N: Hello fellas! I would just update early since I would be very busy for the next weeks. I will try to update next week, when I have the time. But, if I can't, I would like to apologize in advance.

Thank you so much for getting this story this far! Cheers to the 10K+ reads. I'm grateful for the support and love. 

Have an awesome day and happy reading! Until next chapter!

-----

Ten

“What hell are you doing here?” I asked in surprise as he pretended to not see me.

“Can I get another beer please?” Hugh asked Vince, ignoring my question.

I remind silent and kept looking at him until he turned his head towards me. He looked at me for a moment before he opened his mouth.

“So, how did the date go?” He asked in interest as one of his eyebrow raised.

“I’m not telling you anything…” I replied sourly as I turned away from him and took a sip from my drink, my throat getting dry all of a sudden.

“Why not? You looked like you were about to tell this guy the whole sad story, plus you look like the waterworks aren’t far away.” He challenges as he pointed at Vince with his thumb and eyed me in amusement.

“If you are looking for entertainment, go find some slut on the strip club at the other side of town.” I countered grimly and took another sip from my drink.

“From the tone of your voice, I would guess that the guy was much of an ass as I am right now.” He pointed out as he studied my expression.

“Mind your own business, Burns. I have enough headaches coming from you at work. Give me a break.” I mumbled in protest, ignoring his reply.

“So, I was right.” He nodded his head in understanding as he took a seat on the empty stool beside me. “What did the guy do?” He asked, looking even more interested now.

“Is this guy bothering you, Mitch?” Vince asked, interrupting me from answering Hugh with a combo of profane words. He placed the beer Hugh ordered in front of him and glanced between the two of us.

I eyed Hugh for a second before turning towards Vince and replied. “No, I’m okay. This is my secretary, Hugh Burns.” I gestured lazily at Hugh direction.

“Vincent Lowe. Nice to meet you.” Vince looked at Hugh with guarded eyes as he nodded towards him in greeting.

“Nice to meet you too.” Hugh countered with the same expression.

“Do you need anything else, Mitch?” Vince looked at me after, his face softened.

“I’m fine for now, Vince. I’ll call you later for another round.” I replied with a weary smile.

“Are you driving tonight?” He asked after he glanced at the main entrance for a second. “I didn’t see Russell came in.” He added.