33

^^(Kiki)

Kiki's POV

We entered the training realm, but I wanted to still be with Addy. We walked towards the trainers, but I suddenly stopped time in this realm. I smirked and placed Kennedy's finger in her nose, so it'd look like she was picking her nose. I then went through the portal and arrived back in Pennsylvania. Actually, it seems like it's been a few days since I've last been here.

I tracked Addy's aura to the familiar diner. I walked inside and saw Addy smiling at the owner.

"Hard for it not to be with your amazing food." Addy complimented the well fed woman.

"You're too nice." She laughed at my girl. "Hey, why aren't those eggs cheesy enough?!" She then left to yell at the chef.

"Hello, gorgeous." I sat at the counter. "How are you to-"

"I-I can't." She tried to escape me, but I gently grabbed her arm. "Please." She sadly looked away from me.

"What's wrong?" I scrunched my brows in worry. "Why are you-"

"Not only did you ignore my texts, but then you showed up with..." She sniffled and looked at the ceiling.

"I understand." I looked down. "I didn't have good reception. My phone was confiscated." I lied. I haven't actually checked my phone since I don't know how to work the device as well as I normally communicate with others telepathically. "I was disappointed to not see the cake." I remembered the reason she gave me her number.

"Your parents confiscated your phone? Why?"

"My friend and I were getting too distracted from my responsibilities." I sighed since I lied to her again. "I've been sneaking out to come and visit-"

"From where?" She questioned.

"That's... complicated." I awkwardly chuckled. "When do you get off? Maybe we can go-"

"Nope! You ghost me for weeks at a time and then show up and want to do stuff. No thank you." She turned to walk away, but ran into the owner. "Sorry."

"No problem." The owner smiled and then looked at me. "I don't believe I've ever seen you here before. I know all my regulars. What's your name?"

"Kiki... are you her boss?" I gestured to Addy, causing the owner to nod. "What do you desire for Addy?" I inherited this gift from my father.

"I want her to have a happy life." The owner replied. Aww, that's really sweet.

"I see... let's make a deal." I stood up. "I'll pay for every item on this menu as well as take Addy out for some fun. That way you recieve your desire for her to be happy along with some money. Deal?" I shook the owner's hand before she had the chance to reply.

"Wait! What-"

"Out you go." The owner pushed Addy out the diner.

Addy sighed and walked out the building. I quickly matched her strides. We were walking with no destination in mind. I then remembered her ideal date, so I tried to recreate everything we did when we first hung out. I took her to the pizza parlor and ordered the cheese pizza for her.

I found the same flower vendor and bought the exact flowers. Addy took them from my nervous hands. Addy smiled and thanked me.

"I'm sorry, gorgeous." I watched her. "There's just a lot of stuff going on, so I'm constantly being called back. I'm actually sneaking out between breaks to see you... which is getting me in trouble." I chuckled. "I don't mean to go on long hiatuses from you. It's an unfortunate byproduct of my work location."