24

^^(Queen Adira)

Kiki's POV

My father and I managed to give Chloe the slip. We didn't have to worry about Eve since we stuck her with Maze. Something tells me that those two will get along really well. My dad and I found some cotton candy, so we were strolling along the pier. I chuckled since I could hear Chloe cursing about where my dad ran off to.

"Seems like she's still into you." I munched on the sticky treat.

"Hmm..." He focused on the food.

"I'm serious. She likes you and isn't happy you're with Eve." I stopped him from protesting. "I'll support whatever you do, but... humans annoy me. They refuse to believe you and then when they see things for themselves, they become terrified. They truly are a confusing species."I shook my head.

"What would you do?" My father locked eyes with me.

"For one... I would never fall for a human." He rolled his eyes. "And that's it." I smirked and continued walking.

"Seems fairly simple." I groaned at the voice behind me. "I thought you would have learned manners by now." I turned around to see Adira. The pedestrians were distracted by her angelic beauty. "You still elude me, daughter of Lucifer and Lilith." She ran her eyes over me. "And Luci-"

"I think I hear Chloe calling my name." My dad walked off.

"And he left me to deal with the mess... you're the mess by the way." I teased an annoyed Adira.

"I need to speak with you." She matched my strides. "You rejected my daughter's offer."

"What? Did she complain to mommy?" I rolled my eyes.

"No. Alec informed Ajax, who reported the incident to me." She didn't meet my eyes. "You will join her." She spoke.

"And why would I?" The wind blew through our hair. "I have no interest in siding with the ang-"

"My sister will wipe you out whether you side with her or not." Adira stated and walked to the railing.

"How did you get here with the messed up borders?" I narrowed my eyes at her.

"I created the spell, so I can alter it to my liking... plus, I have a pocket portal." She proudly held it up. "I had also heard that you commanded my daughter to bring Zena to you." I chuckled and nodded. "You understand Lara would kill you for the disrespect?"

"I'm counting on her being angry." I smirked.

"You want to consume her soul?" I rolled my eyes at her. "If not, then wh-"

"Why would I want to consume a soul as dark as hers." I scoffed.

"Her daughter." Adira's eyes widened while I smirked. "You want to consume Zena's-"

"Yes!" I brushed past her. "And I can't wait to do it." Adira narrowed her eyes at me. "And I'm positive your daughter will come through and deliver her." I snickered. "I do have a way with words."

"Speak to my daughter again under different circumstances." I stopped and looked at Adira in annoyance.

"You know... she was begging for me to speak to you." Adira averted her eyes. "So I quickly realized that she was under the impression that we do not know each other." Adira cleared her throat and refused to make eye contact with me. "Why are you keeping your daughter in the dark?"

"I do not need my daughter stressing. I take up that role as her mother." Adira answered.

"You are the one who asked for our help to make the demons resent your sister." She looked down. "Unfortunately, my idiotic siblings paired with Lilitu's charisma has made many demons join her cause." I sighed. "Our price for helping you was for you to overlook demonic involvement in the human realm... something you backtracked on."