14

^^(Addy)

It's been 3 weeks and Kiki hasn't responded back to me. I gave up hope, so I deleted her contact information. Better to get rid of things that cause you pain rather than hold onto them. I still had the plushie she gave me... I couldn't bring myself to get rid of it. And I may or may not cuddle it to sleep. It might sound crazy, but the plushie even smelled like her. Even though it's been a while, her scent didn't lessen. It's still as strong as it was the first time she gave it to me.

I placed it in my bag (yes, I even take it to school) and left my room. I played around with the pendant on my necklace as I waited for Jer to arrive. Mama and my sisters wanted Starbucks today, so I wasn't needed for breakfast. I smiled and entered Jer's car. He handed me a Dunkin's iced coffee. My eyes widened and I quickly snatched it. I drank it and moaned. This is so, so good.

We pulled up to school and walked inside, only to be stopped by Paxton. He saw my new hearing aids and grabbed them. I tried to take them back, but he pelted them at the ground and smashed them. A teacher saw and yelled at him. Paxton claimed he didn't do anything, but the teacher took him to the principal.

Hopefully, he gets expelled. Jer signed to me.

I sighed since there was no way I'd be hearing again. I felt tears in my eyes since there was no way I'd be getting new ones. Kiki was nice enough to buy me these, but I couldn't ask her to get me new ones. I picked them up and smiled since they weren't fully broken. I placed them and heard some static, but that's better than hearing nothing.

"Can you hear?" I nodded at Jer. "How bad are they?" He looked at them.

"Staticky, but I can't be picky." I smiled and walked to my class.

The rest of the day went surprisingly smooth. Rumors started spreading about Paxton being suspended and removed from the football team. Now that may sound like a victory for me, but the glares I received told me otherwise. The students were blaming me for the football team instantly downgrading. Paxton was an amazing player and was the reason the team was great. Now that he's gone...

School was over, so I was heading outside. Jer walked up to me since the school was being a bit hostile towards me. I didn't even complain. It was just coincidental that a teacher saw him. It's not like I wanted him kicked off the team! Some of the football players harshly brushed my shoulders. I tripped a little, but Jer caught me. I then rubbed my shoulder while walking to his car.

"Does it hurt?" His eyes softened.

"A little." I mumbled.

"How about some ice cream before I drop you at work?" I smiled and nodded.

"Cripple!" We turned to see my sisters approaching us. What did they want? "Mom said that you have to attend a party with us."

"Which is so annoying." Megan groaned.

"Why?" I voiced out.

"Because it's a company event and the invitation is to all family members. Mom tried saying that you wouldn't be able to make it, but her boss was adamant her entire family came." Stephanie rolled her eyes. "So not only did you weaken our football team, but you also are ruining our night!" She stomped her foot.

"Why can't you just die?!" They harshly brushed my shoulder. I groaned and held my injured shoulder.

"Let's go get you ice cream. You'll definitely need it." Jer glared at the girls' backs. He then opened the car door for me.

I smiled when we pulled up to the ice cream parlor. I ordered the strawberry cheesecake and cookies and cream. Jer was boring and only got chocolate. I forced him to eat some of my ice cream. He kept refusing, so I stuck my spoon in his mouth.