8

^^(Kiki)

Miss Brown was chasing Gad around with her signature newspaper. I think it was from the 80s and she reserved that one to be the weapon. It was funny since it was discolored due to the years and ripped from all the beatings she's bestowed amongst people. I decided to just take the trash out while they battled it out.

I picked up the heavy trash and half carried/ half dragged it outside. I was now regretting my decision since there was no way I could haul that thing into the dumpster. Maybe I should just allow Miss Brown to force Gad to actually throw out the trash. I was about to head back inside, but I felt a chill ripple through my frame. I then turned and saw the gorgeous brunette.

Hi. She signed to me.

Hey! I waved at her.

Close your eyes.

Huh?

Just trust me.

But I don't know you. I countered while she rolled her eyes. Fine. I then closed my eyes.

I flinched when I felt her breath on my lips. Her hands then found their way to my ears. I felt her push an object in them and play around with it. She then pulled back and tapped my arms. I opened my eyes to see her smiling.

"Can you hear me, now?" I smiled and nodded as her English accent floated into my ears. "Yay! I got the right ones."

"Wait!" I then shocked her by taking them out. "I can't accept these. They're too expensive and-"

"Well, it's not like I'm gonna use them, so you might as well." She took them out my hands and placed them back in my ears. "Plus, it's a pretty color."

"Red?"

"My favorite color!" She exclaimed. "Reminds me of the fires of hell." She smirked and stepped back.

"Can you tell me your name now?" I asked her. "Oh and thank you!" I surprised her with a hug. "Can I know your name now?" I gazed up at her blushing face. "Come on! Please!"

"Okay."

She chuckled and wrapped her arms around me. I suddenly became aware of our position and blushed. I tried to take a step back, but she refused to let me go. She smirked as I tried to wiggle myself free. She then caught me off guard by releasing me. I wasn't expecting that, so I stumbled backwards and almost fell. I took a blink and then the next moment I was in her arms. How'd she move so fast to the point she was carrying me bridal style? I thought my blush couldn't deepen... boy was I wrong.

"Can you put me down?" I squeaked out.

"I'll make a deal with you." She deviously smirked. "I'll trade you my name if I can continue holding you like this."

"Fine." I groaned and wrapped my arms around her neck. "You're really strong." I noted she didn't appear to be struggling with my weight.

"Or you're just very skinny." She seemed upset about my small frame. "Do you not eat well?"

"Mainly the scraps or the undesirable parts." I mumbled. She kept staring at me, so I spoke again. "My family doesn't-"

"Doesn't what?" I could've sworn I saw her eyes flit to a snake's eye.

"Y-Your eyes." I stuttered out. She seemed to realize and shook her head, blaming it on the lighting. "But it looked that way at the fair and-"

"Lighting, gorgeous." I blushed and she placed me down. "I must get going." She bitterly smiled and went to leave, but I grabbed her wrist.

"What's your name?"

"It's Kikimora." She breathed out.

"That's exotic." I smiled. "Can I call you Kiki?" She looked taken aback. "Uh, it's fine. I can call you Kikimo-"

"I love it, Addy." She winked and walked past me.

I saw her pick up the trash and easily toss it into the dumpster. She then blew me a kiss and round the corner. I blushed the entire time and swooned at her retreating form. Wait a second! I never told her my name!

I groaned and walked back inside. I was shocked to see that the diners hadn't made much of a dent in their food. I know I was gone for some amount of time and it didn't take long to eat, so why had they only taken a few bites. I heard the commotion and looked at Gad and Miss Brown. She was still chasing him around which was unusual. She'd normally give up and state that she was too old for-

"I'm too old for this." She placed her hands on her hips. "And you are too young and energetic." She waved a finger at Gad. "I'm gonna go sit down. Addy, please get the tables." She breathed out and headed for the back.

"How long was she chasing you?" I walked to Gad.

"Like 30 seconds." He chuckled. "Now, where's that garbage she asked me to take out?" He began looking around the place.

"Oh, I took it out." He looked at me in shock. "What?"

"That thing is heavy. How'd you get it in the dumpster?"

"I-I had some help." I smiled and moved past him.

I went to bus some tables while Gad walked behind me like a puppy. He was annoying the poor guests, so Miss Brown had to throw a stack of napkins at him. She then used her broom to chase him out the restaurant. The moment he left, Jer walked in. Jer scratched his head and approached me.

"Do I even want to know?" He pointed at Miss Brown hitting Gad.

I just smiled and shook my head. Jer helped me with delivering orders and then sat at the bar table. He started doing his homework and occasionally asking me questions. I would give food and clean the tables while helping with his homework. Jer then offered to type my research paper for me, so I dictated my thoughts while he typed away.