62

I watched Kiki turn her head. I looked where she was staring to see a raven. Kiki spoke in a different language to the raven. The raven cawed before flying off.

Kiki swept me up and stood. I rested my face against her chest. Gello ran up to us and smiled. I was surprised she was genuinely happy. She normally has a sour expression or is constantly annoyed at Kiki.

"You saved her." Gello smiled at Kiki.

"Yep!" Kiki smiled and kissed my cheek.

"I'm so glad." Gelllo placed a hand on my arm.

"I know." Kiki cockily said, causing us to look at her. "And you were crying about how I'm like your daughter and-"

"Adopted daughter... meaning you're not my blood, so I treat you differently." Gello glared at a laughing Kiki. "I'm going to return you."

"Whatever you say, Gelletron." Kiki teased while Gello glared at her.

Kiki carried me while chasing after Gello. Gello continued ignoring her teasing while I lightly chuckled. Gello shocked Kiki, making her spazz. I was surprised I wasn't affected, but Gello sent me a wink. We approached a collapsed building and saw Erana and Ash. They looked rough, but would be fine.

I then saw Jer squirming. I was about to ask if he was okay, but I saw Gad dangling a worm in his face. Since Jer couldn't move, Gad was having way too much fun. Kiki tilted her head towards Jer, making Gello nod. Gello took a rock and smashed it against Gad's head. I shrieked while Gad laughed. Gello then pointed at Gad to leave.

"Gello is going to heal him and then he'll be as good as new." Kiki smiled at me.

"I'm so sorry." I addressed everyone. "I hurt you guys and-"

"You didn't hurt me." Ash groaned and stood up. "I'm way too strong to be hurt by a human." He winced, but tried to cover it. "You were just like a warm up before a sparring match." He limped away. Kiki chuckled at his injured state.

"It was so much fun!" Gad jumped up. "I got a nice beating!" He pumped his fist in the air. "It's been a while since I fought someone."

"Haven't you been protecting her from the demons sent to attack her?" Gello glanced at her son.

"Ya, but that was like a few weeks ago." He whined.

"Don't worry." Erana stood up and approached us. "No hard feelings, but you pack a heavy hand." She laughed and lightly punched my arm.

"You made Er put her training to the test." Kiki smirked.

"What about your family?" I whispered. "I almost killed them."

"I really shouldn't have interfered and allowed you to murder them." Kiki winked. "Don't worry about them. They deserved everything you did." She seriously spoke.

"Your friend will need to sleep for a while to heal." Gello stood. "No need to worry."

"I'm sorry Jer." I whispered and touched his unconscious face.

"We need to focus on how to deal with darkness inside her." Gello got to the point.

"I-I think I have an idea." Kiki smirked. "Will you guys-"

"Take care of everything?" Erana smirked when Kiki nodded.

"Don't we always have to clean up your messes?" Gello snapped.

"That's why you're my maid, Gel- OW!" We laughed when Gello hit Kiki upside the head. "So violent." Kiki glared and rubbed the back of her head.

"Leave and we'll fix this." Gello absentmindedly waved her hand around. "As for your family..."